altruja.de

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
grothkopp

altruja.de

Post by grothkopp »

Hi Everyone,
Today I discovered that the domain of our company is on the easy privacy list with this rule:

Code: Select all

||altruja.de^$third-party

Altruja is a provider for donation forms for non-profits. We provide this service for nearly 12 years and over 700 customers.
We're not some kind of tracking company, we do not sell ads or anything related.
We embed donation forms into our customers web sites, so that they can securely process donations and the involved payments.
Here you can see an example of one of our embedded donations forms:

https://lichtblicke.de/helfen/jetzt-spenden/?lichtblicke-spendenanlass/spende

So, I hope this is the right place to ask, please remove our domain from that list, so that our customers can continue to raise money for a good cause.

Thank you!
Stefan

Moved from EasyList Germany to Report incorrectly removed content on Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:29 pm by intense

fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Regardless of being "a good cause" its tracking. Looking at https://altruja.de/i/itk7

• mouse movements/scroll/clicks/status

• useragent checks

• window size checks

• cookie sets/checks

• Linking to googleanalytics

• Linking to onetrust

Need to do better, much better. seperate all the tracking off at the very least. Not acceptable regardless of cause.

grothkopp

Post by grothkopp »

I see your point. I can assure you, that this script isn't intended to do tracking or anything other malicious. But I also understand that you won't just take my word for it.
The purpose of the script is to embed our donation form and resize the iframe to fit the content. We also need a way to set the iframe url from the url of the embedding frame. Also in some cases we scroll to the iframe inside the page.

Regarding your points:

• mouse movements/scroll/clicks/status
    I don't know if we even use this, or if it's just part of some library that is included.
    We need scrollposition and size of the iframe, because in some cases we want to scroll to the donation form on the embedding web page. In any case, we only send scrollposition to the parent frame.

useragent checks
Those are for functionality checks only.

window size checks
This is also related to the resizing of the iframe or the location of the iframe relative to the viewport.

cookie sets/checks
This is related to cookie-banners on the parent website. We try to respect the cookie choice the user made and for that we read some cookies.

Linking to googleanalytics
Also related to cookie banners and we also try to pass the google analytics user id from the parent to our iframe. This is of course related to tracking, but we don't do the tracking and if no google analytics is present (because it's blocked or not included in the parent site) then this code does nothing.

Linking to onetrust
I think this one is related to the cookie banners described under "cookie sets/checks"

Generally you can check the network and JS message passing and you'll see that we only transfer data related to the functions described on top.

fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Until the privacy issues are addressed, we'll keep blocking this. (as per policy) https://github.com/easylist/easylist/bl ... asyprivacy

grothkopp

Post by grothkopp »

What are the privacy issues exactly?
I adressed everything you mentioned above. Can you clarify what needs to change?
We need some of this for our integration to work (like window size checks) and none of it is used for tracking or similar stuff.

grothkopp

Post by grothkopp »

Please don't understand me wrong. I'll really like to work with you to resolve this.
So if moving the google analytics related code to another script (which could then be blocked separately) would solve the issue, I'll happily do that. I just like to know in advance if that would resolve it, because as described in the last comment, other stuff like window size oder user agent "checks" are necessary for the embedding to work and not related to any kind of tracking.

fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Address everything. See what we cover, and why tracking, fingerprinting scripts are blocked.

https://github.com/easylist/easylist/bl ... asyprivacy

Seperate everything tracking into its own script.

grothkopp

Post by grothkopp »

Would you be interested in doing a video call with me and I walk you through the code and show you what it does and doesn't do?

grothkopp

Post by grothkopp »

Hi fanboy,

we reworked our integration scripts like you proposed.
Everything that you mentioned above should now be in

https://em.altruja.de/js/micro/integration-ga.js

which can be included in the blocklist.
Please review & unblock the rest of our domain.
Thank you!