To sites that demand we see the ads - "Walk the walk"!

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

To sites that demand we see the ads - "Walk the walk"!

Post by rick752 »

"Talking the talk"

There are sites that realize that some things on their sites are blocked by ABP using different subscriptions. Ok .... that's what they are SUPPOSE to do.

99.9999% of site owners using advertisements understand this and probably use ABP themselves (as we found out last month). But if a site tries to FORCE users to see their 'full' content instead of the users being given a choice to block the 'unwanted' stuff, I think they need to take responsibility for their actions. Hence, I have made up a rough 'guarantee' in the spirit of what advertising sites should do that ABSOLUTELY INSIST that we view their sites in all their 'full glory' ... all they have to do is post something like the following if they dare. Unfortunately sites can't do this because this info is almost ALWAYS beyond their control. Sites that serve 3rd-party ads usually have no idea what those ads are for ... many times the adserver itself doesn't know. And you want me to be exposed to them? Yeah, right. The thing that is wrong with advertising sites that use 3rd-party advertisers is that they want the 'click through' $$$ without any of the responsibilities of what they are serving. Stores have to make good on 3rd-party products sold by them, so what makes the web any different? If they want to FORCE people to "pay" for their sites with their advertising, then they should be liable for the things associated with those.

Something like the following would be a good start on advertised sites ... but don't hold your breath :wink:
------------------------------------------------

SOMESITE.COM GUARANTEE:
In return for viewing this site totally unblocked, I the owner of this domain/site take full responsibility for any privacy invasion or mal-effects of any advertisement material and code served through or from this domain/site. Any unsolicited advertising 3rd-party cookies, spyware, malware, adware, trojans or any harvesting of a users personal info without his knowledge is also the full responsibility of this site. Any computer damage caused by any of the above will be the sole responsibly of this domain/site's owner at a rate of repair to a damaged computer of $50 U.S./hour. Any theft, fraud, or misleading services caused by the purchase of any goods or services that are purchased because of an advertisement served on or through this site becomes the full responsibility of this domain/site and the user will be compensated in full by the domain/site owner for any monetary loss due to these conditions. Also any malicious code execution by these that cause permanent loss of any personal data on a computer will be compensated at a flat rate of $500 U.S.

--------------------------------------------------

Now can those complaining advertising sites "walk the walk"?
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
AmyRose
Site Member
Site Member

Post by AmyRose »

A-freaking-men! I have been forced out of one site for using Ad Block Plus, or Konqueror's adblocker: http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/ ... locker.png

The continue link of course logs you out.