disqus.com - speed up loading

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
lencc
Site Member
Site Member

disqus.com - speed up loading

Post by lencc »

Disqus is a commenting system, implemented in the majority of websites. I am noticing it takes a plenty of time to load it on websites.

Questions:
1. Are there any filter rules (or filter lists beside EasyList and EasyPrivacy) which would speed up disqus loading? (I do not want to block it.)
2. Do you know for any other filter rules to speed up (not to block) loading of similar other commenting platforms? If yes, please mention them.
knownassociate

Post by knownassociate »

Guess no one felt like replying. Kind of interesting given disqus users proclivity to share their opinions! Ublock also affects the ability to edit ones comments. I'm going to a different blocker if some of these issues cannot be addressed or at the very least some information.
WarFame
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by WarFame »

uBlock isn't even being developed anymore. uBlock Origin is where it's at now. But this is not the place to report issues on either of the two.
That said maybe try Fanboy's Ultimate List and this filter I use:

Code: Select all

||services.disqus.com^
I never have any problems with Disqus. It doesn't run perfectly but good enough. Maybe it's just your hardware not being able to handle their scripts.
gorhill
uBlock Origin Author
uBlock Origin Author

Post by gorhill »

lencc wrote:1. Are there any filter rules (or filter lists beside EasyList and EasyPrivacy) which would speed up disqus loading? (I do not want to block it.)
I created experimental filters a while ago to prevent Disqus comments from loading, and replacing the comment section with a "Disqus blocked by uBlock Origin: click to unblock" button. You can copy-paste these filters from https://gist.github.com/gorhill/ef1b62d606473c68d524#, or import the URL as a custom filter list. I use this and it has worked well so far.
lencc
Site Member
Site Member

Post by lencc »

@gorhill very good idea, it works well. Could you add a title to your custom list, for example "Disquis on-demand"? (I added it as a custom list.)