Spicebird 0.4 beta for Windows/Linux is available

Discussion of Firefox browser and its add-ons.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Spicebird 0.4 beta for Windows/Linux is available

Post by LanikSJ »

We are happy to announce the release of the beta version of Spicebird - Synovel's free and open source collaboration suite. It simplifies communication for users by providing integrated access to the various tools of collaboration, like email, calendaring and instant messaging, in a single application. It provides easy access to various web services while retaining all the advantages of a desktop application.

The application is built on top of Mozilla Thunderbird, Sunbird, Xmpp4mozand adds more features and integration. The extensibility of the Mozilla platform makes adding new tools and customization of the suite easy. Spicebird has a long road ahead to become a comprehensive communications suite. We seek contributions from the communitytowards achieving this in the form of ideas, suggestions, bug reports and source code.
More: http://www.spicebird.com
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I saw you guys talking about it on DSLReports. Did you install it , Lanik?
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Yes I have it running at home right now, I modified all the extensions and installed whatever I needed still going to play around with it and add more extensions this weekend. :)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Keep us posted here. I'd like to know how it works out for you.

I use my Thunderbird strictly as a email client and don't use calendar features and webmail interfaces. So I don't know if it would be of use to me. But if you find any other advantages to it, it would be nice to hear about them.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

I like it much better if you want you can see some screen shots on their site. It has a fully functional calendar and contacts and everything is tabbed like Fx so its pretty cool slick. I've started using it full time and put TB on the back burner. Migration wasn't too difficult had to copy email manually from my TB profile to SpiceBird but it wasn't a big deal everything works.