"Guest Book" link is broken

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
Bad Brad

"Guest Book" link is broken

Post by Bad Brad »

Hi Rick!

The link to review the entire "Guest Book" in a new window is broken. The link lights up, but the cursor never changes and nothing happens when you click it, not even a sound effect. It doesn't make any difference if I allow KingstonCreative.net to do what it wants.

Also it appeared the "Enter a Message!" button was broken too. Eventually, while troubleshooting the "Guest Book" link, I discovered that "Enter a Message!" was opening a new window but wasn't bringing it to the front.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.4 ub on Mac OS 10.4.9.

With Safari 2.0.4 (build 419.3) the "Guest Book" link doesn't even light up. Ditto for the (now unsupported) Internet Explorer Mac 5.2.3 (5815.1) (Hmm... How in heck do you get a fractional build? Isn't a build an all-or-nothing deal?)

I Hope This helps,

Brad
Hint: I do not *routinely* check the mail box of this disposable address!
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I don't know what you mean as my Firefox works in the "single browser' mode. When I click new message, it just opens full page in a new tab and focuses to it.

I don't know what you mean by "view the entire guestbook" I don't think I've ebver seen that link before. Where is it? I usually just scroll down in it.

The guestbook has been pretty much abandoned ... Rich should probably just remove it.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
rbsterli

Post by rbsterli »

I couldn't get it to "not work" either.. but anyhow, I agree - it's pretty much been abandoned and the "main page" has been static and unchanged for over a year now.

I just changed the root of the web server to open directly to the forum. Amazingly this thing has operated pretty much flawlessly with very little maintenance or attention. I have to give this software and hardware combo a TON of credit. Some days I even forget the dang thing is still running in my basement and I'm like - Oh yeah, maybe I'll take a look at Rick's forum and see if it still exists!! :o

Seriously though.. this whole thing is just biding its time until the first major crash and sionora. I'm sure Rick will have several followers and I will be VERY HAPPY to assist him rebuild a basic forum anywhere. php3.0 is looking awful good!

EDIT: Well that didn't work. Too many things depended on the root being where it is. Close your eyes and just imagine the guest book gone. That's the safer bet. :)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Hey pal. where have ya been? Good to hear from you :D

Hey, if this thing goes down, I'll probably just move to the ABP forum or another forum somewhere else. I have a lot of friends out there that would probably just set me up fine.

I always wonder if you ever look in here. It's pretty amazing how things have gone, don't you think?

How's the new X5, Rich?
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Bad Brad

Post by Bad Brad »

Hello Everyone,

I see what you mean. I thought there was more to it than what is seen in the scroll box. I was wrong.

Brad
Hint: I do not *routinely* check the mail box of this disposable address!