feature.fm

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
JonasGalvez

feature.fm

Post by JonasGalvez »

It seems feature.fm is on EasyList but there's no ad inclusion whatsoever.

Can you review?

LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

How about an example: rules#participation

My mind reading device is in the shop for repairs.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
scottdenglund

Post by scottdenglund »

Hi there! Hoping some more information might help with what we are trying to solve for.

It appears that the ad-blocker on Opera is falsely flagging album artwork for music releases by artists as ads. These are being effected in the internal dashboard of artist accounts when they login.

Here is an example of the page as it should appear:

And here is an example with ad-blocker turned on:

In a prior conversation with an Opera QA team member, they mentioned that it could be a CSS class issue, saying "According to your screenshot, there’s some css blocked on your website. It shouldn’t be the full domain block. Maybe renaming some classes/ids would help. EasyList community should give more assistance in that case".

Hopefully this information helps to point us in the right direction, but anything else needed we can provide.

intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

@scottdenglund

The screenshot does not help to identify the breakage reason.

1. if you are not using uBO (uBlock Origin adblocker) install it.
  2. disable any other addon / extension in your browser.
  3. disable - if any - the builtin blocker in your browser (like the shields in brave, the blocker in opera etc)
    disable any builtin tracking protection like in firefox or edge
  4. open the uBO logger
  5. repeat the steps to reproduce the issue
  6. go back into the logger: copy and paste here all the blocked items / requests you see there

or, simpler, if you are willing to privately share your credentials on feature.fm , just let me know (I'll provide an email where you can send them)

(I'm a filter list maintainer for uBO)

scottdenglund

Post by scottdenglund »

Hi there, @intense - I'd be happy to share credentials for a test account. I think that might work best.

intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

ok, send your account credentials to redacted

Send also some example links where the page is broken (or the steps to reproduce the issue)

scottdenglund

Post by scottdenglund »

Hello, and thank you for your assistance.

For debugging ease, visit http://feature.fm using the Opera browser with its ad blocker extension enabled (no credentials required). You'll notice the entire site is broken as none of the assets load.

Opera support mentioned they use EasyList, suggesting we contact EasyList support since our domain (Feature.fm | The #1 music marketing platform for independent artists ) is blocked. In the network tab, you'll observe all our assets are blocked.

Could you help us understand why our domain is blocked and guide us on re-enabling it to ensure a smooth experience for our customers?

Scott

intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Choosing block ads in opera settings will break the site.
Using uBO (uBlock Origin adblocker) which is using easylist => wont break the site => opera should investigate further.