Documentation and contribution question

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
EricRa
Site Member
Site Member

Documentation and contribution question

Post by EricRa »

Hi all,

Two questions:

1) I would like to know if there is a document or post somewhere that shows guidelines for the proper formatting of EasyList rule entries. For example, here is an EasyList entry:

Code: Select all

@@||dmm.com/p/general/$image,~third-party
As someone who is just starting out with editing filter lists, I do not know how to parse all of the symbols in the above entry. Something like a single-page syntax/formatting guide would be a big help if that exists.

2) Is the preferred method of opening new issues (for either new submissions or editing of existing broken ones) to post here or to open an issue on the EasyList GitHub repo? It looks like submissions are coming into both places and are both being worked on by the list maintainers. Is one or the other preferred?

Thanks, guys. I'm looking forward to learning more and contributing as I can in the near future.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

1. ABP and uBO have their own syntax. Albeit they're quite similar.

2. You can post your requests either here on this forum or on GitHub. I'll leave the preference to the EasyList Authors.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
EricRa
Site Member
Site Member

Post by EricRa »

Thanks for the info and the links. Looks like exactly what I need for the syntax issue. Much appreciated.