metacritic.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
FalconSoft

metacritic.com

Post by FalconSoft »

Today Metacritic.com is messed up with ad block on Chrome. The page loads and then seems like it reloads and is all messed up. I’m using the latest Chrome, ad block, and the latest easylist.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

No issue for me (tested in ABP / uBo)
Update your lists, remove your custom filters for metacritic, disable any other blocking extension, test again.
FalconSoft

Post by FalconSoft »

It seems to do it after the page finishes loading so maybe just wait a little after it loads. Sorry I can't figure out how to upload a screenshot. Everything goes long and the background goes white. And then you can't read the articles.

I only had ad block but I had a few other extensions for Google docs that I turned off and it still happens. I don't have any custom filters just the stock easylist subscription.

If I turn off the ad block extension then the page loads up fine that's why I thought it was something with ad block and an updated easylist.

Let me know if I can try something else and I'll try and figure out a way to send a screenshot.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Test ABP (if you have AB) and if still does not work > install uBo (ublock origin).
Keep always only 1 blocking extension enabled.
FalconSoft

Post by FalconSoft »

I tried ad block plus and its broken as well, ublock origin seemed to work but is that really the answer this must be affecting lots of people who don't know to come to these forums. I'm also seeing this issue on another site I use.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

The situation is known at ABP / AB, an issue was filed on their bug tracker 11 months ago. In this situation the easylist authors added lots of exceptions in easylist bloating the list (and not working always).