Sort search results by thread start date

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Sort search results by thread start date

Post by gotitbro »

I use "Advanced Search" to find all related threads about a website. I usually sort them by the "Post time" with the Ascending setting to see all related history from beginning to end.

I have a bit of problem though when I do this it sorts by the last post that was made in the thread and I generally do not get the first thread that was created at the top. Is there a way to sort the search results by the time a thread was created rather than the last post time?
LanikSJ Verified
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ Verified »

gotitbro wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:00 pm ... Is there a way to sort the search results by the time a thread was created rather than the last post time?
Not that I know off. You can however click on the thread and read the whole thing if you want.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

Lanik wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:41 pm You can however click on the thread and read the whole thing if you want.
Don't understand what you mean by that.
LanikSJ Verified
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ Verified »

In the search results there's a link to the whole thread.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

Lanik wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:22 pm In the search results there's a link to the whole thread.
I know, I already use "Display as threads" option. The problem I had was the sorting was by the last post date and not the thread creation date. I have to search for which thread is the first one if a post has been made on it recently.