wordcamp.org

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
cébé

wordcamp.org

Post by cébé »

Hello,

It is a pity that sponsors of a conference day of an open-source tool (WordPress, used by a quarter of websites worldwide) are hidden. See here for example :

Code: Select all

https://2017.bordeaux.wordcamp.org/
Especially because these sponsors allow the holding of this type of event, all over the world, including countries with low purchasing power.

Sponsoring is a particular form of advertising. The ticket for our day is only 20€. See ticket prices for all other days of this type!

Moreover, we put the "recommendations" indicated by AdblockPlus (max-height: 150px; width: auto) and that's not change anything.

You let display some "non-intrusive" ads, but you block what makes live open-source events, it's sad.

PS :

You have an error Fatal error: Cannot redeclare user_get_id_name() (previously declared in /home/lanik/forums/includes/functions_user.php:30) in /home/lanik/forums/includes/functions_user.php on line 85
Khrin
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by Khrin »

cébé wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 pm You let display some "non-intrusive" ads, but you block what makes live open-source events, it's sad.
Actually we don't. https://easylist.to/pages/policy.html
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

cébé wrote:we put the "recommendations" indicated by AdblockPlus (max-height: 150px; width: auto) and that's not change anything.
EasyList does not have acceptable ads model and not affiliated with ABP, you have to submit your suggestion to AA process to get reviewed.
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

cébé wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 pm

You have an error Fatal error: Cannot redeclare user_get_id_name() (previously declared in /home/lanik/forums/includes/functions_user.php:30) in /home/lanik/forums/includes/functions_user.php on line 85
You'd have to be a lot more specific where and how you got that error because I can't reproduce it.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
-Mark-
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by -Mark- »

Lanik wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:05 pmYou'd have to be a lot more specific where and how you got that error because I can't reproduce it.
That happens when you try to post a topic as a Guest I can reproduce it too few days ago when I tested. I have been meaning to report but haven't bothered as I already have an account. To be specific, it occurs when you click submit.
rhanajoy
AdBlock Community Manager

Post by rhanajoy »

One of our users ran into the same error when she tried to report the wordcamp.org sponsor issue just now.

Just to confirm, EasyList does block "sponsor" logos by design, not by accident?
Rhana

Posting on behalf of AdBlock (not ABP), when users come to us first and we have some reason to get involved with the discussion. http://help.getadblock.com