I itemized the subscription policy entries

Discussion of EasyList subscription policy
maybee
Corset Author
Corset Author

I itemized the subscription policy entries

Post by maybee »

writting subscription policies is a good job :)
I itemized the policy entries. I think it help users view the policy efficiently.
how about this?

Service of filter subscription

coverage
  • Filters should only be added for English websites; supplements support other languages.
    • If it is not feasible for a supplement to override EasyList filters should be added to the primary subscription.
    • Languages for which there are no supplements may have issues resolved in EasyList; however, these filters should ideally be transferred to another subscription.
  • exception : Adult websites must not be supported.
target
  • EasyList filters must remove adverts, although it is acceptable for them to incidentally remove tracking.
  • Anti-Adblock should only be challenged if the system limits website functionality or causes significant disruption to browsing.
Standard
  • Standard of blocking ads
    • Adverts must be blocked regardless of the reasons for their presence or the purpose that the money raised ultimately serves.
    • Domains specifically serving adverts should be blocked on all third-party websites.
  • Standard of allowing ads
    • Self-promotion should not be specifically removed by EasyList, although equally should not be whitelisted if it is blocked.
the management of filter list
  • Filters must be as efficient as possible.
  • Only element rules based on id or class should be applied to all domains, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
  • Consistently problematic filters should be removed from the subscription.
  • Specific filters should only added if a substantial amount of advertising is removed by its inclusion.
  • Whitelists should specific enough to avoid protecting unwanted items.
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I agree that it would be helpful to add sections to the subscription policies and have therefore moved this topic to the development forum for further discussion. I have also updated your forum status to reflect your status as Corset author and granted you the contributor rank.
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I have revised the subscription policies based on the suggested sections and will probably update the one on the website with the following alterations at the weekend.
EasyList policy
  • Purpose
    • EasyList filters must remove adverts, although it is acceptable for them to incidentally remove tracking.
    • Self-promotion should not be specifically removed by EasyList, although equally should not be whitelisted if it is blocked.
    • Adverts must be blocked regardless of the reasons for their presence or the purpose that the money raised ultimately serves.
  • Filter evaluation
    • Evidence should be provided that filters need to be added to the subscription.
    • Specific filters should only added if a substantial amount of advertising is removed by its inclusion.
    • Anti-Adblock should only be challenged if the system limits website functionality or causes significant disruption to browsing.
  • Coverage
    • Filters should only be added for English websites; supplements support other languages.
      • If it is not feasible for a supplement to override EasyList filters should be added to the primary subscription.
      • Languages for which there are no supplements may have issues resolved in EasyList; however, these filters should ideally be transferred to another subscription.
    • Adult websites must not be supported.
  • Syntax
    • Domains specifically serving adverts should be blocked on all third-party websites.
    • Only element rules based on id or class should be applied to all domains, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
EasyPrivacy policy
  • Purpose
    • EasyPrivacy filters must remove tracking.
  • Filter evaluation
    • Evidence should be provided that filters need to be added to the subscription.
    • Filters for first-party trackers should only be added if the items blocked collect a significant amount of personal data.
  • Coverage
    • Filters should only be added for websites of all languages.
    • Adult websites must not be supported.
  • Syntax
    • Domains specifically serving tracking should be blocked on all third-party websites.
maybee
Corset Author
Corset Author

Post by maybee »

That’s much better. have a good day!
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I've applied the changes to the policy page and will sort out the CSS mess when I have a little more time...
maybee
Corset Author
Corset Author

Post by maybee »

it looks good! :)
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I have e-mailed Wladimir to request assistance in overriding styles.css, the stylesheet provided by Anwiki.
Gnintendo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gnintendo »

I'm a little late to the party, but I figured I'd note a quick grammar error on the last line.
Whitelists should specific enough to avoid protecting unwanted items.
:arrow:
Whitelists should be specific enough to avoid protecting unwanted items.
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

Thanks; I have corrected the text on the policy page.
Gnintendo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gnintendo »

Michael wrote:Thanks; I have corrected the text on the policy page.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Just a subtle tribute.