comunio.de

German supplemental subscription
p-walker

comunio.de

Post by p-walker »

Comunio is the most popular real-time football manager (at least in Germany) and they've been using a new layout quite some time ago already.
It does contain huge huge ads wich appear delayed, which makes them even more annoying.
They do use dynamic IDs/classes and source paths, which is why you cannot block them easily anymore.
However I was successful using CSS selectors and relative paths. Tested on Chrome with AdBlock and Firefox with ABP.

Code: Select all

comunio.de##div[ng-class="getReklameContainerClass()"]
comunio.de##div[class="main_container bg_main_green"]>div>img
comunio.de##div#main-layout>div.home_container.with_home_bg_image>div>div>img
comunio.de##div.main_container>div>img
The old layout still exists and easylist germany already contains filters, which aren't working anymore. A quick fix:

||classic.comunio.de/i/2/screenshots///screenshot_*$image,domain=classic.comunio.de
Also created an issue on github as I'm obviously not allowed to create a pull requests: https://github.com/easylist/easylistgermany/issues/9
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

@@.de/images/ad_bomb/*
p-walker

Post by p-walker »

No idea what the post above me is trying to say.
However I wasn't aware of the forking concept yet (kinda new to contributing stuff on github) and manage to create a pull request:
https://github.com/easylist/easylistgermany/pull/10
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

It's a filter, try it (disabling your filters), see if helps.
p-walker

Post by p-walker »

it is actually working...
Can you please evaluate this filter for me. Thought @@ was used for exceptions. Also I couldn't see anything about ad_bomb in the source code of the site.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Sure, @@ means whitelisting. They are testing that element (if ad_bomb is blocked / unblocked). If blocked they are pushing their ads using those random dynamic IDs/classes and source paths (if unblocked they are using the classic ads which are already blocked by the filter lists)
p-walker

Post by p-walker »

Thanks for clarifications, this makes sense now.
However if I visit a site that does not test for the ad_bomb element being blocked couldn't they just use this element for showing me ads?
I mean whitelisting this element works for this site but might actually have the opposite effect on other sites right?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Sure, it's a possibility.
p-walker

Post by p-walker »

Ok sorry I am stupid (still early morning), obviously I could only whitelist this element for this single domain via:
@@||comunio.de/images/ad_bomb/*

Which is going to work until they test for another element being blocked. Therefore I think blocking the specific dynamic elements is maybe the way to go (unless they change the relative paths^^)
p-walker

Post by p-walker »

Also I want to mention that apparently uBlock Origin manages to block all ads on that site(a friend told me) without adding custom filters.
Any idea how they do it?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

The bomb crap is used by a lot of german sites (as part of the tricky AdDefend antiadblocking package), that's why no domain in my filter (but only .de for the german sites)
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

no miracle (on uBo), they are using a special filter (included in ublock filters)
||de/*/ad_bomb/*$image,redirect=2x2-transparent.png

(this means the same as above but ... original ad_bomb still blocked but replaced - using "redirect" keyword - by an inocuos small image - the site still thinks the bomb is there..)
p-walker

Post by p-walker »

thanks man that some advanced stuff here for a ad block beginner like me^^

Also do you think this will be added to the list so it's available for all users?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

My filter above ? I don't think so ... if in the official list then the addefend creators will replace it by something else, so better using it as custom filter (in adblock / adblock plus - uBo as you saw is already ok)
p-walker

Post by p-walker »

does AdB/ABP not support the redirect method of uBo? this seems to be a very neat and generalistic solution
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

No, it's not supported in ab / abp.

However, uBo has yet another tool against addefend (injecting a script in the site page - still unsupported by ab / abp)

see in ublock filters the section addefend