binarus.de

German supplemental subscription
nAINbbH4YLbvgzpU

binarus.de

Post by nAINbbH4YLbvgzpU »

Hi all,

please forgive me if the following question is stupid. I am a newbie regarding filter lists, although I am a long time user of AdBlock Plus.

We have a website where we are trying to sell some devices which we don't need any longer, among them an electronic device made by Adlink Technology, a technology manufacturer who has been around for decades. To get a high ranking on Google, we have named the images which are embedded in the respective page to show the condition of the device like that: "adlink-din-96di-01-s.jpg" (and so on).

In this case, this turned out to be a bad idea. We were wondering why our browsers did not display those images and were searching for an error in our website and web server configuration for several hours until we got to the real cause of the problem: Obviously, AdBlock Plus (more precisely: Easy List) blocks those images because of the keyword "adlink" in their name. I know that there is (or was?) a big company named "Adlink" which does nothing than advertisements, so I understand why Easy List behaves that way.

Nevertheless, I would like to ask if Easy List's authors could do something about that. There are (or have been) at least two companies named "Adlink", one of them being evil (from most users' and filter lists' point of view) and one being good, so blocking images for the only reason that their name or alt tag contains the string "adlink" might be too hard.

If Easy List's authors can't do anything about it, we will rename the images and accept the lower ranking which probably follows.

Having said this: Thanks to Easy List's authors and the community for providing such a great product free of charge! I think it has saved us a significant amount of time and money over the years.

Regards,

P.

P.S. To avoid misunderstandings: I know that I could turn off AdBlock Plus for the respective site, or that I could change the filters in the list accordingly, so I am not asking how *I* could see those images. I am concerned about the billions of users out there :-) who visit the respective page and don't see the images.

P.P.S. I'll provide the link to the respective page if I am asked to do so (I didn't want to advertise the page at this point in time).
Khrin
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by Khrin »

Yes, to have an example link is preferable.
nAINbbH4YLbvgzpU

The page in question is https://www.binarus.de/sonderangebote/adlink-din-96di/adlink-din-96di.shtml (it is in German, sorry).

At the very bottom of the page, you should see four preview images. These are not shown when Adblock Plus is activated and either "Easy List Germany + Easy List" or "Easy List" within Adblock Plus are activated. If I turn off both of them, I can see the images.

As I said in my initial post, we could easily rename the images and their alt text, so I just don't dare to ask you to put time into this subject. But if you come to the conclusion that more people / publishers could suffer from the weird "one good and one evil Adlink" situation, it would be nice if you could change the filters accordingly.

FYI, this is the link to the "good Adlink": http://www.adlinktech.com

Thank you very much for bothering,

P.
nAINbbH4YLbvgzpU

I already have reported problems with binarus.de in viewtopic.php?f=90&t=35187. The page in question is

Code: Select all

https://www.binarus.de/sonderangebote/adlink-din-96di/adlink-din-96di.shtml
In the meantime, I have removed the string "adlink" from every image name on the page and from any image alt tag. I was quite sure that this would resolve the problem, but the images at the end of the page still get blocked by EasyList.

Nevertheless, I still think that the usage of the string "Adlink" at various places in this page causes the problem. This is becoming a serious issue because we have some more products of Adlink Technology which we don't need any longer and which we would like to sell, and of course, to be found, we have to use the manufacturer's name ("Adlink") at least in the page title, some headings and the product description.

So could you please change the filters so that images don't get blocked for the only reason that they are on a page which contains the string "Adlink" somewhere? Or, if there is another problem with the images, could you please tell us about it?

By the way, the images on the other pages of binarus.de are working as expected.

Thank you very much,

PP
Moved from Report incorrectly removed content to EasyList Germany on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:09 am by smed79

smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Merged, don't post duplicate topic.
Wait the easylist germany see this topic and decide what to do.
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
nAINbbH4YLbvgzpU

Thanks for merging, but:

Please note that this does *not* seem to be an issue of EasyList Germany. I have three filter lists: "EasyList Germany + EasyList", "EasyList", "Adblock Warning Removal List". If I turn off the first one and the last one, i.e. let *only* "EasyList" active, the problem still exists. So I think that this is an issue of EasyList (and not EasyList Germany).
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Issue with EasyList for non-English content should be solved by supplement subscription.
EasyList Germany in this case.
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
nAINbbH4YLbvgzpU

O.K., got it. Thanks for the explanation / for helping a newbie. Next time, I'll do it right from the beginning on.
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »