Adblock Digest/Newsletter

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Adblock Digest/Newsletter

Post by gotitbro »

Lately I haven't been unable to keep up with the ongoings of EasyList and and adblock in general. I had to run through many different sources to satisfy my FOMO :mrgreen:. There is not a single source which focuses on EasyList or adblock.

I was wondering maybe we can start a newsletter or digest of EasyList's and adblock's happenings for the week which shows all that happened in the week prior. Here on Lanik it can be a completely opt-in option.

Or we can create a relevant subforum where people can post news just about adblock.

[mention]Lanik[/mention] Any thoughts?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

gotitbro wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:24 pm Or we can create a relevant subforum where people can post news just about adblock.
We don't really have a forum for this right now. People seem to post those types of things either in General Internet Topics or Newsworthy forums. I'd be up for creating a forum, not sure I'd want to maintain a newsletter when ABP has a blog already: https://adblockplus.org/blog/
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

The ABP's blog is very specific and only includes news and happenings related to ABP and much is left out like other adblockers such as uBO, Adguard; adblocking in general; and other related things around adblocking.

Creating a subforum would be nice as all adblocking news can be collated there and not get mixed up in the general subforums. Though it would also be really nice to see what a newsletter would work out like.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

[mention]gotitbro[/mention] or [mention]smed79[/mention] any suggestions for icons for Ad Blocking News forum? I don't want to use the ABP one since that maybe involve licensing it or asking ABP team for permission to use it. I'd like something generic if possible 32x32 pixels. My cursory search so far came up empty or nothing that I think suits this forum.

EDIT: I found something: viewforum.php?f=106
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

[mention]Lanik[/mention] ABP logo does not seem to be copyrighted https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... 4_Logo.svg. Its better to use a generic one as we are encompassing all adblockers.

The logo you have used seems fine but is a bit bland.

I also see that you have moved some threads in the new forum. Please move these as well:
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=38230
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=38308
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=36882
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=36794
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

[mention]Lanik[/mention] I am not able to visit viewtopic.php?f=88&p=126833 where'd you move it?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Okay how about now. Moved it to the wrong forum.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

Yup, all fixed now.