OneAll Social Login

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

OneAll Social Login

Post by LanikSJ »

As some of you noticed when you logged out and logged back in you can now login to this forum using some of the social network logins.

FAQ: social-faq

I'll update the above FAQ once more things come up.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

I just saw this, could be helpful for users may also increase the sign up rate.

[mention]smed79[/mention] [mention]Lanik[/mention] The hover text on the social icons shows text in French: https://i.imgur.com/BhvQgV8.png
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Browser Language is English same as the board all my tooltips are in English.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

Lanik wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:11 pm Browser Language is English same as the board all my tooltips are in English.
I see this when I hover over the Amazon icon: "Se connecter avec Amazon". My browser and system language is English.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Everything I'm seeing is in English sounds like a problem with your system/browser setup.

Try using a proxy in US to see if it corrects itself. If that works their Geo location sucks as you're on the opposite side of the world from me. Nowhere close to France or Europe if my info is right.

I would be interested to see what [mention]smed79[/mention] is seeing since AFAIK he's the closest person I know to France (well maybe not but worth a test IMO). :mrgreen:
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

[mention]Lanik[/mention] Cleared cache, changed IP still French text. Seems like a website problem to me. [mention]intense[/mention] Can you check what text you get when you hover over the icons?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

gotitbro wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:13 pm Seems like a website problem to me.
You mean OneAll. :P It's a plugin, I have no control over what text they display.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

[mention]Lanik[/mention] Yeah that. Any specific reason for choosing OneAll though, haven't heard much about them. I am guessing there are better alternatives.

I also don't get the reason you have disabled Facebook (probably the most used Social login), its okay that you don't want to create an FB account but why let other users not use it?

I think I may know the reason French text is showing for me. The company behind the plugin is OneAll Sàrl, a Luxembourg company where French is used (https://knoema.com/atlas/Luxembourg). Which might be why it is defaulting to French for me.

[mention]Lanik[/mention] What do you see when you hover over the social icons? Can you post a screenshot?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

gotitbro wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:07 am Any specific reason for choosing OneAll though, haven't heard much about them. I am guessing there are better alternatives.
If you think there's something better be my guest and find something. Did I mention it's a Freemium service and most others (I've never seen any others) are likely to be paid. ;-)
gotitbro wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:07 am I also don't get the reason you have disabled Facebook (probably the most used Social login), its okay that you don't want to create an FB account but why let other users not use it?
In order to create the integration between OneAll and FB you need an FB account. I imagine you've read the FAQ so you by now should know my feelings on FB. You're welcome to create the integration if you want and send me the App ID and App Secret: https://imgur.com/p1WkWzR
gotitbro wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:07 am What do you see when you hover over the social icons? Can you post a screenshot?
https://imgur.com/P3LSStj

P.S. I merged your post, hope you don't mind.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Well, OneALL is displaying russian for me :mrgreen:
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

intense wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 am Well, OneALL is displaying russian for me :mrgreen:
Then its clear that the plugin is having errors.
Lanik wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:22 am If you think there's something better be my guest and find something. Did I mention it's a Freemium service and most others (I've never seen any others) are likely to be paid. ;-)
There are others like Gigya, Janrain, LoginRadius but they are all paid. As you said OneAll is probably the most affordable solution.
Lanik wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:22 amIn order to create the integration between OneAll and FB you need an FB account.
I myself don't use FB and I think this should be mentioned in the FAQ in order to make things clearer.
gotitbro wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:07 amP.S. I merged your post, hope you don't mind.
That's fine :)
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

You guys are a bunch of weirdos. :mrgreen:

I'll add that to the FAQ.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Lanik wrote:I would be interested to see what @smed79 is seeing
OneALL is displaying in English or French for me depending to my browser language.

gotitbro wrote:I just saw this, could be helpful for users may also increase the sign up rate.
in my opinion the third party social login is not necessary and incompatible with our privacy philosophy.
http://www.oneall.com/company/privacy-policy/

Here below a filter for these who don't want to use (load) the oneall social login and which are not lazy :P to register an account.

Code: Select all

||api.oneall.com/socialize/library.js
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

smed79 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm in my opinion the third party social login is not necessary and incompatible with our privacy philosophy.
http://www.oneall.com/company/privacy-policy/

Here below a filter for these who don't want to use (load) the oneall social login and which are not lazy :P to register an account.

||api.oneall.com/socialize/library.js
[mention]smed79[/mention] Thanks for that.

I also added this one to hide the social login with uBlock Origin.

forums.lanik.us###page-body > .panel:has(.oneall_social_login_providers)
But the element briefly flashes on screen, probably because that's a procedural cosmetic filter.

[mention]Lanik[/mention] Not sure if this is within your control or not, but if so, can you please give that panel element a unique class or id or something so that a conventional hiding filter can take care of it?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

barbaz wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm Not sure if this is within your control or not, but if so, can you please give that panel element a unique class or id or something so that a conventional hiding filter can take care of it?
I have no control over that, like I said it's a plugin 99.9% of which is done by OneAll.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

I am seeing the hover text correctly in English now.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Seeing english too.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

gotitbro wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:11 pm
Lanik wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:22 am If you think there's something better be my guest and find something. Did I mention it's a Freemium service and most others (I've never seen any others) are likely to be paid. ;-)
There are others like Gigya, Janrain, LoginRadius but they are all paid. As you said OneAll is probably the most affordable solution.
These are SSO solutions. I'm almost certain none of which support PHPBB. :mrgreen: