Sort search results by thread start date

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Sort search results by thread start date

Post by gotitbro »

I use "Advanced Search" to find all related threads about a website. I usually sort them by the "Post time" with the Ascending setting to see all related history from beginning to end.

I have a bit of problem though when I do this it sorts by the last post that was made in the thread and I generally do not get the first thread that was created at the top. Is there a way to sort the search results by the time a thread was created rather than the last post time?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

gotitbro wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:00 pm ... Is there a way to sort the search results by the time a thread was created rather than the last post time?
Not that I know off. You can however click on the thread and read the whole thing if you want.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

Lanik wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:41 pm You can however click on the thread and read the whole thing if you want.
Don't understand what you mean by that.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

In the search results there's a link to the whole thread.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

Lanik wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:22 pm In the search results there's a link to the whole thread.
I know, I already use "Display as threads" option. The problem I had was the sorting was by the last post date and not the thread creation date. I have to search for which thread is the first one if a post has been made on it recently.