Email notifications

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
Famlam
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Email notifications

Post by Famlam »

I noticed that I do not always receive email notifications when posts are posted in the forum of ELD (viewforum.php?f=100), even though I am subscribed to this forum.
For example, on 10-8 I did get an "New topic notification - "EasyList Dutch"‏" email for the topic called 2folie. However, I never received an email notification for the topic "directwonen.nl" on 21-7, leading to me having to apologize for late responses (and in this specific case, an adblock warning on that site).

Is there any way to send a reminder in case of unread topics in subscribed fora?

Have a nice weekend,
Famlam
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

I assume you have the default set for "Notify me when a reply is posted"? Or do you check it every time you post something?
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
Famlam
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by Famlam »

That setting is always enabled by default for me. However, I'm not sure if that's a relevant setting as it only applies to posts that I already replied to, while I'm referring to new posts as well as replies to posts in forums that I'm subscribed to. The relevant setting (I think) is "Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed" (and "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed") which has email notifications checked (and I'm subscribed to the forum of my Dutch list)
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Okay let me do some checking and see what's going on.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."