Problems with editing posts

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Problems with editing posts

Post by anonsubmitter »

I can't edit posts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23793
At the moment this isn't a big problem, since a moderator was kind enough to update my original post and delete my two update posts for me, but I would like to know what is causing this.
I am browsing this forum using a 3G connection and I also used the 3G connection when I made the thread and the extra posts. I don't think I have posted using 3G before, so maybe this is the cause? I think I get a new IP address everytime I connect my laptop with my phone's 3G since it classifies it as a new network and asks for permissions. So maybe this is triggering phpBB's spambot detection system?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

anonsubmitter wrote:I can't edit posts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23793
At the moment this isn't a big problem, since a moderator was kind enough to update my original post and delete my two update posts for me, but I would like to know what is causing this.
That was me. I saw your post and updated the original post.
anonsubmitter wrote:I am browsing this forum using a 3G connection and I also used the 3G connection when I made the thread and the extra posts. I don't think I have posted using 3G before, so maybe this is the cause? I think I get a new IP address everytime I connect my laptop with my phone's 3G since it classifies it as a new network and asks for permissions. So maybe this is triggering phpBB's spambot detection system?
It has nothing to do with your connection. There is a 15 minute time out on how long you have to edit a post. If you'd like someone to edit it for you, feel free to PM me or any of the Easylist authors and we'll fix it for you.

This was changed to prevent people deleting their content if/when the thread didn't go the way they wanted.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

Ah, ok. Yeah, I'll PM a moderator if I need to get a post edited.