[Suggestion] Separate sub-forum for aggressive websites.

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
KingNaheem
Postaholic
Postaholic

[Suggestion] Separate sub-forum for aggressive websites.

Post by KingNaheem »

Hello to start sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum for a suggestion for EasyList this is my first time so I wasent sure.

I had a idea that there should maybe be a sub-forum in the EasyList forum for aggressive websites. By this I mean that websites which keep changing their filters after EasyList fixes them will go in this sub-forum. These topics in this sub-forum would receive #1st class priority as the website owners are aggressive.

This could be done maybe after topics have been posted in Unblocked content sub-forum or incorrectly blocked sub-forum and after they have been fixed after maybe 3-5 times if the filters have kept getting fixed and then changed again by the website owner a moderator fixes it once again and once fixed they move it straight to this sub-forum where moderators are always checking and fixing.

For example:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=22387
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=22975 (Especially this one)

On these two websites the owners of the websites are very aggressive and keep changing the filters when AdBlock Plus fixes them. As of now posting this topic both have still not been answered again and are waiting. These would be moved to this sub-forum to subtract them from other topics which do not have aggressive website owners.

Hope you like the idea.
HT1
Site Member
Site Member

Post by HT1 »

indeed, some websites use scripts and keep changing names of divs and other sections to confuse the filters.

+1
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

2 posts don't justify another forum. And if you think you can't see a forum that means it doesn't exist you're sadly mistaken.

@KingNaheem when you start contributing to the community then we can revisit this.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
HT1
Site Member
Site Member

Post by HT1 »

you're right Lanik, what the op may have forgotten or not understood is that the Easy List is a static list used by apps to block ads,it is not an application in itself.

Basically KingNaheem, the applications use this list to know what to block, like antivirus programs and their virus definitions.

But since these scripts that bypass the ad blockers are adaptive and more advanced scripts, the fault is not in the Easy list, but in the apps and programs that need updating.

So the update must be done at the program level not the list.

Therefor you need to report your findings to the devs of the app you're using to block your ads with. adblock or adblock plus, they'll have forums or email addresses to handle your request.

Feh, adaptative scripts, god help us all.

lol
KingNaheem
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by KingNaheem »

@Lanik it was just a example to get my point across... if you want more examples there are alot more. Just because I listed two doesn't mean that there are only two aggressive website owners. Im not mistaken with anything, you dont understand what my point of this was, it was simply a idea to consider in the future. No need to be able to "see a forum".

What has me "contributing" got anything to do with my idea? It has nothing to do with me, infact im giving you guys a idea for your lists, why would it have anything to do with me "contributing".
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

KingNaheem wrote:What has me "contributing" got anything to do with my idea? It has nothing to do with me, infact im giving you guys a idea for your lists, why would it have anything to do with me "contributing".
Your "idea" has existed since this site has been around. I'm not going to discuss why in a public forum. Sorry.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."