Bumping topics

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Bumping topics

Post by LanikSJ »

Lately I'm seeing more and more posts with nothing but:
bump
This site is run by VOLUNTEERS. None of the people that post here are being paid for what they do full time (not to my knowledge anyway). These filter lists are provided free of charge by the Adblock Plus community members. Please respect them enough to wait for someone to respond. It becomes very difficult to determine which posts have been dealt with if they have multiple replies. Its MUCH easier to tell if the post hasn't been touched if there are no replies in it.
  • Topics with nothing but the words bump will be removed. The user will be warned and dealt with more swiftly if the problems persists. Up to and including account removal.
  • If you need to bump your topic think of something to say other then bump. If you can't think of anything contributing the the topic to say, then don't say anything at all.
  • Bumps will be allowed only after a 7 day period and there is no limit to how many bumps can be made.
I'll make sure everyone can bump topics without the need for pointless posts with no contributing factor. See the screenshot below:
This link to bump topic will appear after 7 days of the original post. Only the topic originator can bump their own topics.

THIS WILL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

These rules are subject to change without notice so please make sure you check back here for latest updates. If you have any questions, please leave a reply in this thread.

Thank you.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

Lanik wrote:I'll make sure everyone can bump topics without the need for pointless posts with no contributing factor.
Is there a limit on total number of times a topic can be bumped by any one person?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Yes only one bump will be allowed. I'll update the above post. Thank you for bringing this up.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for maintaining these wonderful filters. :)

I have bumped many of my threads multiple times in the past, but I usually waited between one and four weeks and back then there wasn't any rules against bumping multiple times. The problem for me has been that many of my threads have been - as far as I can tell - overlooked. I also tried bundling multiple old reports into one thread and post that, but that didn't work either:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=20598
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=20805

So, when a report gets overlooked and bumping it doesn't help, what am I supposed to do? :)
JordanElliott
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JordanElliott »

wait. so if the topic isn't seen after its bumped the 1st time and it goes to like the 4th page your saying that it cant be rebumped? what if its never seen again. lol. jw
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Guest wrote:So, when a report gets overlooked and bumping it doesn't help, what am I supposed to do? :)
First you register so you can IM me or any of the other maintainers/admins and someone would get to it eventually.
JordanElliot wrote:wait. so if the topic isn't seen after its bumped the 1st time and it goes to like the 4th page your saying that it cant be rebumped? what if its never seen again. lol. jw
It will be if its not feel free to IM and I'll bump it. But remember I'm not going to do anything unless I see its been bumped at least once in the last week and it hasn't been responded to for another week. So at least 2 weeks have to go by with no replies only bumps.

Hope that helps.
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

I'm the Guest from that previous post in this thread. I just registered and now I get this message: "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."
What are the requirements to unlock PM functionality? Post count, time since registration or a combination of the two?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

You should be fine now to PM anyone on this site. I've also went through and put your anon posts under your user account. You just became a full account member with full privileges.
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

Wow, thanks. This is by far the warmest welcome I have gotten when signing up to a forum. How did you figure out which posts were mine? The IP-address?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Yes by IP address. Just like I figured out the one above. Remember to sign in so your posts don't need to be approved.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

I've included directions on how to bump a topic.
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

Sorry. I had been logged in, but I think I got automatically logged out after being inactive for a while and I didn't notice until after I had posted.
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

Lanik wrote:See the screenshot below:
The screenshot is gone or corrupted.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

I still see it anyone else?
Famlam
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by Famlam »

Lanik wrote:I still see it anyone else?
Screenshot is broken for me as well. Perhaps it's your browsers cache?
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

It's broken for me as well.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Okay that should take care of it now. The image should be back.
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

Fixed, thanks.
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

I can't bump any topic, even though the topics are over 7 days old. Could it be that it is because the threads were originally posted under Guest and then moved to my anonsubmitter account or because my account is less than seven days old?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Lets wait until tomorrow since tomorrow would be more than a week the account has been opened and try it then. Thanks.
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

I still can't see any bump button.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Probably because there weren't started by you. I changed them after the fact. IM me those threads and i'll bump them.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Bump topic ... already it happen to me to be impatient.
I am sorry!
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

That's okay I'm going to drop the post and you should see the bump button after a week.
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

Lanik wrote:Probably because there weren't started by you. I changed them after the fact. IM me those threads and i'll bump them.
Done.
funkydude

Post by funkydude »

Waiting a week seems reasonable, limiting to one bump is dumb. I think you should analyze the chaotic state of the submissions forum and actually realize that around 25% of the threads go unfixed. Just look at how much of my post history is bumps.

As you said this is run by volunteers and as such the "fix" rate isn't going to magically improve overnight. If it did, then I would understand restricting to 1 bump. At the moment, it just doesn't make sense.

Also getting a post deleted and a warning because I miscounted 6 days for 7 days is so much fun. It really encourages continued reporting.... so thanks for that.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

funkydude wrote:It really encourages continued reporting.... so thanks for that.
do not be discouraged :)
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Lanik wrote:
  • Bumps will be allowed only after a 7 day period and there is no limit to how many bumps can be made.
Since there is no way to limit how many bumps can be made, as some people here already noticed :).
funkydude

Post by funkydude »

Thanks!
funkydude

Post by funkydude »

The functionality is broken, it does not let me bump again after I've bumped it once.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=21102