Forum hanging up

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Well I guess if it gets a little sluggish, I can just run that again. There is the possibility that it could have re-aligned some issues from the initial changeover. It happened so suddenly after that, that it shocked me. :shock:

As for now, this forum is running incredibly fast and has not showed one sign of bogging down since I ran that. Its never run THIS fast before.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Don't know much about this, it's over my head. But whatever you did Rick it certainly is flying now. I mean it's beyond noticeable. I'm not disputing what you are saying either Lanik I'm just making an observation.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Never mind.

It showed back up at 1:00 AM EST tonight again. Doing the maintenance did not help this time :( . I once again got the "max_users" error page.

@Lanik:

I found a discussion on another forum about this exact same problem. Definitely a host issue:
http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2077
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

If you don't mind sending me a screen shot of your browser when you get that error message. When I called Powweb they obviously didn't believe me (surprise, surprise :evil:) Hopefully I can catch the forum doing that in the act and take it to them. I'm almost inclined to throw the forum on a Linux box at home just to prove my point.

EDIT: I'm not alone in this either: http://forums.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=77086
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

No problem Lanik.

Figures ... it's working fine again now. It comes & goes out of nowhere :roll:
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

I'm getting frequent "Connection reset" error messages. I'm on hold with Powweb right now for their worthless tech support. The post I quoted above is by one of their staff. My goal right now is to get it up and running on my home connection and see how it goes from there I only have a 6 mbps / 768 kbps DSL so hopefully its enough to handle the load. Come first of the year I'll start looking at other hosts and trying them out.

I'm sorry about this folks. :(
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Just found this: http://www.surpasshosting.com/content/holiday2007/

Figured what the hell I got nothing to loose at the moment and signed up. I will be setting up a forum there similar to this one and we'll do some testing if all goes well I'll change the domain to point to Surpass.

Happy New Year to me I guess. :D