hg.adblockplus.org intermittent global 404

Discussion of other internet issues.
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

hg.adblockplus.org intermittent global 404

Post by barbaz »

For a few days, every day at around this time (I don't know when exactly it starts), every request to hg.adblockplus.org is returning a 404. I keep local copies of some of the (Mercurial) repos there, this "outage" is an inconvenience for keeping those up-to-date. Anyone know the cause of this and approximately how long it's expected to continue? A quick search of the issue tracker revealed https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/2906 but I don't know enough to be able to tell whether any of that is related...

Thanks in advance.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Have you tried asking over at https://adblockplus.org/forum/ ?

Reason I ask is I don't think Wladimir Palant frequents this forum all that much.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Probably you should file a new issue on the bug tracker about this specific behaviour.
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

@Lanik: No, that forum unfortunately requires registration now, I don't want to register an account that I'm only going to use once or twice a year at most. I do have an account on their issue tracker though...

@intense: What component would you suggest I file it under? Is it fall under "Infrastructure", "Sitescripts", "Websites", or something else?

(BTW, as I expected hg.adblockplus.org is working at the time I'm posting this post.)
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

I'd file under Infrastructure, if something else will be changed by them
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

barbaz wrote:@Lanik: No, that forum unfortunately requires registration now, I don't want to register an account that I'm only going to use once or twice a year at most. I do have an account on their issue tracker though...
Make sense. I would agree with intense, you should file a bug in their bug tracker and I'm sure someone from their team will get in touch.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

Sorry, looks like they removed the ability to select module when filing a bug, and I can't change anything other than description & my comments after the fact.

The bug report is https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/3115

I'm also wondering if any list authors who have repos on hg.adblockplus.org, see this issue as well?
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

upd: Their team is aware of the situation, they've found the cause, and already have a proposed patch. :D

In the mean time, they must have done something to mitigate it (at least as a stopgap measure) since I reported the issue - as IIRC the timeframe over which this problem occurs was shorter yesterday, and I'm not seeing it at all today..