Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

The truth about Windows Vista

Post by The Masked Marauder »

orph4824
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by orph4824 »

ROTLMAO Ok That nearly made me spit pepsi all over my screen... sad but true I tried Ultimate vista x64 for 4 weeks on my home machine it was stable never crashed however the UAC and driver issues "certification" was a nightmare example Creative labs gives away the 32 bit drivers, but sells the 64 bit drivers cause not enough people use x64 for them to pay thier programmers to write 64 bit drivers to make it cost effective so while they have them and its such a limited market base they pay the cost onto the consumer. That and thier decsion to "outdate" certain pieces of hardware i mean come on the old 15pin joystick port they don't include drivers for "legacy" devices, i have a 250mb parrallel port zip drive i used to use to store private offline personal items but did vista support it or will, nope. even have a MS branded finger print reader does vista x64 support it, nope. x86(32bit) does. I'm treating vista like I did ME when it came out I tried ME for a week and quickly went back to 98se. Vista like ME just another pothole in the road to be avoided. But thanks for the video that was hilarious and sums up how I and many others feel towards it. System scored well even though I built it around early 2004.

Life's 3 rules: 1. Stuff happens 2. Stuff happens on a regular basis 3. Better get used to the first two... (not the actual saying but you get the drift)
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

ROTFLMAO! That was very good. F Vista I'm installing Linux. :mrgreen:
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
orph4824
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by orph4824 »

Lanik wrote:ROTFLMAO! That was very good. F Vista I'm installing Linux. :mrgreen:
Yeah I'm thinking of redoing my system, dual boot xpsp2 and linux although I know I can repartition my 320gig drive and dual boot, I've got umbuntu x64 installed on an old 20gig drive for tinkering i may just wait and build an new system for linux/unbuntu standalone.
Life's 3 rules: 1. Stuff happens 2. Stuff happens on a regular basis 3. Better get used to the first two... (not the actual saying but you get the drift)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

[booming echoing voice] The "SINKHOLE OF SUPPORT" :lol:
... and the skeleton on the phone.

An honorable mention goes out to the Windows Defender "DCS" filtering system (modeled after the old, charcoal-filter cigarette technology) :)
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Chachazz
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Chachazz »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: