Blekko's website broken by Easy Privacy [n/a]

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
GregLindahl

Blekko's website broken by Easy Privacy [n/a]

Post by GregLindahl »

Adblock Plus with Easy Privacy recently started breaking the javascript on blekko.com's website. If you're logged in, buttons like "prefs" no longer work. With Easy Privacy unchecked, it works. A few days ago this wasn't happening. As a big fan of Adblock Plus (I have a huuuuuge custom configuration), I'd like the default settings to work with our website.
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I didn't detect any EasyList or EasyPrivacy filters active on the domain, and would therefore request that you submit an issue report when you encounter the problem so that we can attempt to diagnose the cause of the issue.
bee
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

Post by bee »

Hi!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
I never heard of this web search engine before :-? but it's the only one that has written in its privacy policy page something about tracking links: :surprised: :surprised:
  • Links: The blekko website may present links in a format that permits us to track whether these links have been followed. We will use this tracking information to help improve the quality of our custom content, search technology and advertising.
( :arrow: :arrow: source http://blekko.com/ws/ /privacy )

Of couse, blekko's javascript tracking links are automatically removed by the generic filter of my BeeFREE addon!!!!!!!!!!!! very good!!!!!! :D :D I also tested the website, and it seems to me like the the "prefs" and "login" links work with AdBlock installed (EasyList, EasyPrivacy) and even with my BeeFree addon!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D There is no problem at all with that website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
The only problem it has, is its strong rely upon javascript :-? For example the "prefs" link is actually a javascript link :roll: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I think, you accidentally turned off javascript!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea: :idea:
GregLindahl wrote: If you're logged in, buttons like "prefs" no longer work.
Well, i didn't tested the website also as a logged in user :-? but i doubt there is something of different :roll: :roll: :?:

bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
The bee is more honored than others, not because the bee labors, but because the bee labors for others.
bee
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

Post by bee »

I won't add blekko to BeeFREE in myBee Homepage, because i think blekko is a very intensive tracking web search engine :-? and it's not even well-known :roll: :roll: so i feel like nobody uses it whatsoever :-? :-? :roll: :?:
Just use Google instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :D :D :idea: :arrow: Nahw!!!!! Google is never ok to use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: but i don't see much differences between the twos :roll:
Also!!!!!!!! :idea: :arrow: :arrow: Surfing with javascript off is a lot better for the privacy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D so it's something of very good to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D even if some or many things at blekko won't work :? :!:

bye!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
The bee is more honored than others, not because the bee labors, but because the bee labors for others.
GregLindahl

Post by GregLindahl »

Michael wrote:I didn't detect any EasyList or EasyPrivacy filters active on the domain, and would therefore request that you submit an issue report when you encounter the problem so that we can attempt to diagnose the cause of the issue.
I'm not sure what I would say beyond what I said. In any case, it stopped happening after I updated my filters today.
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I suspect that you may be using Adblock Plus for Chrome with EasyPrivacy, as there was a temporary issue with this combination of extension and subscription that could have been responsible for the problems that you reported. It was resolved approximately five days ago by an update to the former.
GregLindahl

Post by GregLindahl »

Yes, this was on Chrome.
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I'll assume that this was the cause of the issue and mark this topic as resolved then.