ap.buffalo.edu

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
dougmccallum

ap.buffalo.edu

Post by dougmccallum »

Our pages (entire content) is being blocked through Ad Block PLus.

Code: Select all

http://ap.buffalo.edu/march-graduate-degree.html
We are a New York State Public university and do not use or allow ads on our site. We are currently running a Google Adwords campaign for which this page (and a few others) is the adwords lander but there are no ADS that appear on this pages or any page on our ap.buffalo.edu domain.

Please resolve this problem ASAP.

Thank you
Doug
 ! Message from: Lanik
Removed your link links
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

If you're the administrator of the site start by taking down the Anti-Adblock message.

Until an EasyList author can decide what they want to do this will unbreak your site:

Code: Select all

ap.buffalo.edu#@#.adwords
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
dougmccallum

Post by dougmccallum »

With all due respect, I can't take down my anti-adblocking message because the inappropriate tagging of our site as being an ad is impacting our recruitment efforts through Google adwords since the ENTIRE PAGE is blocked resulting in nothing but a white page appearing for those who are using AdBlocker Plus.

Can you also enlighten me as to what the code provided will do to "unbreak the site".

Thank you in advance.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

dougmccallum wrote:I can't take down my anti-adblocking message
https://easylist.to/2013/05/10/anti-adb ... dmins.html
dougmccallum wrote:Can you also enlighten me as to what the code provided will do to "unbreak the site".
rename the class adwords to somthing not matching with easylist generic element hiding rules.

in the html of the page <body class="page homepage adwords "> and in the css file main.css
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

dougmccallum wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:54 pm With all due respect, I can't take down my anti-adblocking message because the inappropriate tagging of our site as being an ad is impacting our recruitment efforts through Google adwords since the ENTIRE PAGE is blocked resulting in nothing but a white page appearing for those who are using AdBlocker Plus.
Google Adwords are blocked on many sites. The fact that your website's content depends on one DIV is a serious problem as far as you're concerned.

You can call it inappropriate or whatever you like. EasyPrivacy can be easily disabled and is optional in every Ad Blocker except uBlock Origin.

EL authors provide a list. How adblockers implement them is their choice. It's used by about half a dozen adblockers / tools / etc.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
dougmccallum

Post by dougmccallum »

smed79: Thank you for the clarity. I've removed the adwords DIV on the page and in the main.css and it has resolved the problem. Thank you again.