ticketea.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
antonrodin

ticketea.com

Post by antonrodin »

The EasyList block ticketea.com domain if it opens in new tab or window. Example:

http://www.larambleta.com/eventos/ver/los-ineludibles-de-alhambra-modelo-de-respuesta-polar-y-joana-serrat

LaRambleta is a music venue. The button "Comprar" dont work properly, is for buy legit and official tickets...

The site is legit ticketing company like ticketmaster. Yes it an affiliate link, but all those companies have affiliate links and they are not blocked.

Thx.
Antón.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

add

Code: Select all

@@||ticketea.com^*?a_aid=$popup,domain=larambleta.com
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
cryfcad

Post by cryfcad »

Since when is the purpose of AdBlock to block tracking? I know there is an advanced option which is not enabled by default for blocking tracking, but normally AdBlock serves only for removing unwanted advertisement from the website or did I miss something?

The proposed solution simply removes the tracking and regular user can't get to the website to which he genuinely wants to get. I don't think it matters whether it is an affiliate link or not, it is the same as if you would block by general any Google Analytics tracking. Definitely not the purpose of AdBlock or am I mistaken?
cryfcad

Post by cryfcad »

Filter /?a_aid=$popup blocks browsing on comparator websites of affiliates of Post Affiliate Pro affiliate tracking software whose default UTM parameter for affiliate ID is a_aid.

The affiliates add their affiliate links to different shops on their website with target="_blank" and this rule blocks the website from opening.

I strongly believe that the main purpose of AdBlock is to block annoying advertisement on website but this rule blocks tracking, so it is comparable as if you would block Google Analytics utm tags by default.

I am aware of advanced option in AdBlock to block tracking completely which would block the tracking scripts which process the a_aid parameter in URL, but to block opening of a website if it contains ?a_aid= in URL doesn't serve the purpose of removing advertisement and disrupts browsing on affiliate websites.

Of course we could argue that affiliation is a sort of advertisement but many times affiliate websites provide useful reviews and sure they would contain also links to shops, but blocking these links by AdBlock? I don't see why.