paypal.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
dimisa
RU AdList Author
RU AdList Author

paypal.com

Post by dimisa »

Rule /opinionlab/* is in Fanboy's Annoyance List (BitBlock part).
Если дудлы утомили - Google No Doodles
Moved from RU AdList to Report incorrectly removed content on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:31 am by dimisa

JakeTheDog420

Post by JakeTheDog420 »

I have been in contact with AdBlock who have identified the culprit as the Fanboy's Annoyances Custom Filter. According to AdBlocks website with contact pages linking to the Authors of all the Filters this is where the Fanboy's Annoyances is maintained?

The link with the removed content is : https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/home
You must be logged into paypal prior to accessing that link.

Once accessed if logged in it is SUPPOSED to display a one-time code which expires after a set amount of time and also PayPals contact number. With these 2 bits of information you can contact paypal without having to provide the reps any information about yourself in order to verify your account and for them to have all the info in front of them. Basically it's there to save you incredible amounts of time with customer service!

Unfortunately at the moment with adblock enabled and the FBA custom filter list enabled all you see is a search box asking how to help and then below that a navigation links to "Ask the Community. Resolution Centre, Message Centre, Call Customer Service"

Hopefully this report will help resolve the problem finally once and for all and for everyone :)
All the best,
Brad
 ! Message from: smed79
Merged - forumsearch
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

try this filter

Code: Select all

@@||paypalobjects.com/*/opinionLab/$script,domain=paypal.com
JakeTheDog420

Post by JakeTheDog420 »

intense wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:15 pm try this filter

Code: Select all

@@||paypalobjects.com/*/opinionLab/$script,domain=paypal.com
Wow that was fast haha! Yep that filter completely fixes all of the issues that were outlined in my OP as far as I can tell!

If you don't mind explaining, how does that filter resolve the issues and how were you able to write it? Like how did you know to type paypalobjects.com so on and so forth?

Secondly, now that a fix has been identified is there anything more I need to do to have the fix forwarded to the relavant authors of the custom filter so they can push the fix out to everyone or is having this forum post hopefully enough for them to see it? I believe I'm in the right forum but I'm not 100% as I still don't know if easylist maintain more than just their easy list custom filter!

Thanks again,
Brad :)
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

The authors (of easylist / easyprivacy / fanboy's annoyances) will include this fix in the list ...when they will see this thread.

In order to find the necessary filters you have to examine the log of your adblocker and see what's blocked and from what list is the "wrong" filter.

You could also report here:
https://github.com/ryanbr/fanboy-adblock/issues

or here:
https://github.com/easylist/easylist/issues
JakeTheDog420

Post by JakeTheDog420 »

Nice thanks for the links and further info! I'll post a quick issue report on their github as well and include the fix that you provided as that may also help them!

As for checking the logs where do I find that? Is it the Debug Statements in console log?
Hoping not as that slows down adblock apparently but definitely keen on having a look for myself!

Thanks again.
Your helps been much appreciated! :)

-Brad
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

To see the log your adblocker is providing see the instructions (AB / ABP are using the same approach):
https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic ... 10&t=43791
JakeTheDog420

Post by JakeTheDog420 »

Amazing thanks for all your informative information and help! I've found the AB tab referred to in the instructions you provided! I think that is everything so not sure if I am supposed to close a thread once resoved or just leave it as is but I believe you've answered all my questions and resolved the initial problem providing a working filter which I have also sent over to their github.

Thanks again for your continued work and support!
Brad