codepen.io

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
cristeanhe2017

codepen.io

Post by cristeanhe2017 »

Hi everyone,

I am working on a website which uses objectURL to display pdf blobs. The way it works is it opens a new tab before getting the file (ajax), and as soon as the file is received, it generates an objectURL and sets the href of the new tab to that objectURL. The problem I am facing is Adblock closes the new tab as soon as the blob is opened.

Just to be sure it was Adblock i have tried it in other browsers like Firefox, Opera and Safari (Firefox and Safari have no adblockers installed and Opera has its own solution which does not interfere). The issue is only present on Chrome (Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)) if AdBlock is enabled, once disabled everything works as expected.

Disabling Easylist in Adblock resolves the issue. I would kindly ask you to solve this issue. In the meantime, I am implementing an AdBlock checker on my website but I think you will agree that an Adblock checker on a website that has absolutely zero ads is ridiculous.

Best Regards,

Narcis Cristea
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

You have to provide a test page on your site and indicate all the steps to reproduce the issue.
What adblocker are you using and what filter lists are enabled in that adblocker ?
cristeanhe2017

Post by cristeanhe2017 »

This is a pen that replicates the issue : https://codepen.io/anon/pen/GmOazv
Adblock for Chrome latests version (Version: 3.10.0).
Filters used: Adblock Custom Filters and EasyList

But disabling Easylist seems to work, therefore I am guessing is something to do with this list. Please let me know if you need further info.
cristeanhe2017

Post by cristeanhe2017 »

I think I have found the rule blocking the blobs.

EDIT: I have posted a previous reply with this link https://codepen.io/anon/pen/GmOazv for testing but I cannot see it posted. Anyway use this link for testing.
Last edited by cristeanhe2017 on Mon May 08, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
cristeanhe2017

Post by cristeanhe2017 »

That looks brilliant.

Could you also add hardingevans.com and hevans.com as domains?

The websites I have mentioned are: the former, our own public domain on which we deployed a closed testing document service to our clients, the latter is our own internal domain for testing
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Send a test link/PM to me to validate it first.