All drop-downs on axlegeeks.com and other sites blocked

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
dschnurr

All drop-downs on axlegeeks.com and other sites blocked

Post by dschnurr »

Hey all,

I'm a developer at Graphiq, a company that manages a network of different sites. It appears that easylist is blocking a very common class we use called .ddb

easylist_general_hide.txt line 12247

Code: Select all

##.ddb
We use this class for all drop-downs across our network of sites (graphiq.com, axlegeeks.com, specout.com, insidegov.com, etc), so it was a bit surprising to see that it was getting blocked in easylist.

You can see the blocking happen by clicking the "Grid" button on this page: http://cars.axlegeeks.com/

It should end up looking like this:

But instead nothing happens. Let me know if there's any other information or details I can provide!
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Hi,
why not simply rename the class .ddb (fastest solution) ?
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
dschnurr

Post by dschnurr »

We have over 100 instances of this class in our codebase, so it won't exactly be quick to replace them all. Additionally, I was worried that whatever class we replace it with could get blocked as well. Is there any documentation/annotation as to why a class gets added to the blocklist?

If replacing the class is the only option we can do it, but it seems like removing the class from the list would be the easier change (changing one instance instead of 100+).
dschnurr

Post by dschnurr »

I think we'll just change the class name. If you have any tips on dealing with issues like this in the future, that would be useful, thanks!