CJ Links Openned in New Window

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
undoIT

CJ Links Openned in New Window

Post by undoIT »

I have noticed that all Commission Junction affiliate links that are openned in a new window, whether using target_blank or window.open, do not redirect properly. No other affiliate networks out of 10 that I have tested are affected. When clicked, a blank white page that says, "The URL has moved here" is presented. I have contacted Commision Junction regarding this issue and they do not seem very interested in fixing it on their end. The issue is only present in Firefox with Adblock (Chromium and Opera with Adblock are not affected.) The click is initiated by the user and should allow the user to view the corresponding page that is expected to open. Blocking this interferes with a user-friendly design (if interesed I can explain in detail.)

My question is, if this is a problem with the filter or if it is a problem with Firefox? If the problem is with the filter, can you please make the appropriate adjustments?

Thanks!
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Might help if you post a sample site/url
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Going by the sample, it redirects links through a few ad servers.. which is causing the issue. Will need some investigating to see if it can be fixed..
undoIT

Post by undoIT »

Okay, thanks. If it is an issue with Firefox I will try contacting Mozilla. Let me know if I can assist with the investigation.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Ah, and yes, we fixed this :)