EasyPrivacy Breaking Youtube and Amazon Browsing History

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
Raza0007

EasyPrivacy Breaking Youtube and Amazon Browsing History

Post by Raza0007 »

Hello,

EasyPrivacy is preventing Youtube watch history and Amazon browsing history from being updated on Firefox.

When I uncheck the EasyPrivacy Filter from inside Adblock plus, both Youtube watch history and Amazon browsing history start updating normally.

The problem started 2 weeks ago.

Can somebody fix this?

I am using Firefox 31 on windows 7 32-bit
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

We are already looking into YouTube.

How can we reprocude the issue on Amazon?
Raza0007

Post by Raza0007 »

In order to reproduce on Amazon.

First disable the Easy Privacy filter from Adblock plus.

Go to Amazon.com and click on any product there, so that the product page opens in the browser. Do this for 2-3 other products.

Now go back to the main Amazon.com page and scroll all the way down. At the bottom they will have your recent browsing history, and the products you clicked above should be displayed there.

Now enable the Easy Privacy filter inside Adblock plus and redo the above steps on Amazon.com

You will find that with Easy Privacy enabled, the recent browsing history will not get updated.

Hope this helps.

~Raza
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

YouTube should be fixed now: https://hg.adblockplus.org/easylist/rev/c5aca9492d88

On Amazon I see the "Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations" and "You viewed" section just fine with EasyPrivacy. Also when logged in.

Which browser are you using?
Raza0007

Post by Raza0007 »

Thank you. Whatever you did has fixed both Youtube and Amazon.

On Amazon it is the "You viewed" section that shows your most recent browsing history. The newer items are populated on the left side of the strip. It was not getting updated with the EasyPrivacy filter set of August 27, however the latest filter update has fixed it as well. Keep in mind that this problem started about 2 weeks ago. Before that everything was fine both on Amazon as well as you tube. I will keep an eye on both to see if they break again in the future.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Sorry for late replys as my posts have to approved by a moderator before they get posted on the forum.
Raza0007

Post by Raza0007 »

EasyPrivacy Filter has again started preventing Amazon.com browsing history from getting updated. The browsing history is displayed at the bottom of the main Amazon.com homepage, in a strip titled "You Viewed".

It was working fine around Sept 1, but has again stopped updating. I have found a filter inside EasyPrivacy labeled

||amazon.*^uedata^

If I uncheck this filter then Amazon.com's "You viewed" items start updating fine. I do not know if this is the proper way of fixing the problem, so I am requesting if some administrator can look into this issue.

Thanks,

Raza
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »