alexa.com [n/a]

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
BlinkTag

alexa.com [n/a]

Post by BlinkTag »

http://www.alexa.com is pretty much unusable with EasyList+EasyElement.

Some filter seems to include the regex 'alexa', which kills the main stylesheet (and more) on alexa.com. Isn't matching 'alexa' a little over the top?

Greetings,
BlinkTag
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Um ... I have no idea whose subscriptions you are looking at, but they are not mine :?

1. I don't not have "alexa" anywhere in any of my subscriptions

2. I don't use regexps at all.

Please find the CORRECT subscription author of you problems and alert them. This forum is only for the EasyList, EasyElement, and ABP Tracking Filter subscriptions .... there is no support here for any others.

ps: That site works fine here.
Attachments
Alexa.jpg
Alexa.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 2321 times
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
chewey
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by chewey »

It could be mine. I indeed do filter based on alexa.com/, and consider the resulting...
um... simplification of the site itself a tolerable nuisance. Admittedly, this is a remnant
from the pre-tracking-list days I more or less overlooked - and from the times alexa was
much more intrusive and omnipresent than today. That part is played by google analytics now.

I guess I really should remove it, though that domain would be a good candidate for the
tracking list. I'll observe that. :-)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

@blinktag:

Are you using Cedric's Liste subscription? If you are, he has just posted above this post.

@chewey:
I know that Alexa is a bit shady. Their business IS tracking. But it also has merit to some people. I don't know how much tracking is going on that strings in the tracking filter don't already catch on other sites. I think most of alexa's tr ackers are already blocked through other filters, so removing that would probably be best. (I have a few things that are blocked there that don't hurt the page).
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
BlinkTag

Post by BlinkTag »

Oh, darn, you're right. I thought I had subscribed only to EasyList/EasyElement, but I also have Cedric's list. Sorry.