feiner-services.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
FxF20170621

feiner-services.com

Post by FxF20170621 »

Madam / Sir,

Adblock Plus blocked the complete content of the page "http://feiner-services.com/fs_011/en/legal/cookies-policy" and even purged this path from the main menu of my website, which offers technical advice, patent searches, translations, website building and tailor-made software.

The ironic part of this issue is that the page barred by Adblock Plus explains how users can manage cookies in their browsers. To that end this page lists a lot of links to different browser vendors and other websites providing advice on that topic. And this I think Adblock Plus regarded as suspicious behavior.

If the ban of this page is not going to be lifted the only remedy I can see is to remove those links which means that Adblock Plus robs the users of my site from gaining useful information. Strange times.

Amazingly, the German counterpart of said page i.e., "http://feiner-services.com/fs_011/de/rechtliches/cookie-hinweis" has not been blocked. It also contains a lot of links but naturally to slightly different pages.
 ! Message from: smed79
Fixed the subject newtopic
FxF20170621

Post by FxF20170621 »

Madam / Sir,

now I my site works again.

The reason: I changed the slug to my "Cookies Policy" page form "cookies-policy" to "cookies". It took me hours to work this out.

I hope this also helps somebody else.

But I swore I will never block a site again with "Adblock Plus". I keep this Chrome extension merely to check the sites of my wife, the sites of my customers and my sites. But using it to block content? No, never again. If such a trivial reason can get you blocked which is about the same as to put you under suspicion of dubious behavior or even worse, then the detection rules of Adblock Plus have never been reviewed in a rigorous way. So the old problem "Quis cus­to­diet ip­sos cus­todes?" is still relevant. In a way software like Adblock Plus reintroduces censorship. I would never have dreamed of such a thing happening.
FxF20170621

Post by FxF20170621 »

Madam / Sir,

I found another false positive: scroll to top"

On my website the javascript extension "scroll to top" is installed (a simple script showing an up-pointing arrow when a user scrolled down for a certain distance). Adblock Plus blocks this. Why? It's not advertising, it merely lets users return to the top of the page in an easy way.
Here you can see the source code of "scroll to top": http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/scroll-to-top/795/
 ! Message from: Lanik
Fixed your subject subject
 ! Message from: Lanik
Merged your thread forumsearch
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

FxF20170621 wrote:Adblock Plus blocks this. Why?
Do you know what is the purpose of "Fanboy's Annoyances lis" which is optional¹ & not the default list (EasyList) in ABP.

¹^ optional mean the users choose to install it from https://easylist.to/
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
FxF20170621

Post by FxF20170621 »

Dear smed79:

1) I don't know what notion "Fanboy's Annoyances lis" means.
2) Given that I don't know what this notion means, I hardly can make a statement concerning its purpose.
3) I'm completely at a loss with your "optional" statement.
4) I don't know much about EasyList and/or ABP. If there is another way to reach the authors of ABP or do something about false positives I would be glad to learn about it. (In the context of false ABP positives, most of the times EasyList crops up, that's how I found it and that's why I'm here.) My website is about the services I offer. There is no third party advertisement in it. It doesn't even log the IP of its users or anything else about them. So why is somebody interfering with the visibility of my site's content - that's all I want to know and how to stop this interference. I am aware that there is aggressive advertising on some sites, but then I don't have to stay or return there.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

I don't see anything being blocked. Your cookie page is blank right now so I fail to see the problem. 9/10 times these problems are due to folks installing filter lists they understand little about and don't understand the consequences of their action. Fanboy's Annoyances List is one of those lists. I don't use it thus I don't see the problem.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."