runescape.com [n/a]

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
RuneScape Player

runescape.com [n/a]

Post by RuneScape Player »

I've gone to the RuneScape website after a long while and noticed that the advert area is now encased with image borders. Is EasyList supposed to to remove them to eliminate the empty ad real estate completely or is it restricted strictly to the ads? If EL is supposed to remove those borders, there are new rules to write - even more so because RuneScape is not the only site to do this.
Khrin
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by Khrin »

If I’m not mistaken (I don't have a Runescape account), I don't believe that's possible to hide the empty spaces on runescape.com through ABP.
RuneScape Player

You don't need an account - you can check out this page to see what I'm talking about.
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

It is not possible (anymore) with Adblock Plus. You will have to use a Stylish code mentioned here.
RuneScape Player

By inspect element, I found the advert space is supported by div#advert; and Googling to figure out how to block div with ABP, I quickly applied #*#advert and the space immediately disappeared.

It conforms to this suggestion on another older thread. I would like to recommend either of these lines added to the EasyList.
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

RuneScape Player

Thank you very much. I've updated EasyList and blocking the empty space is working perfectly (without my custom filter of course).

Thanks again!