Universal Element Filters [added]

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
pdxuser

Universal Element Filters [added]

Post by pdxuser »

Is there a reason why filters like #div(ads) and #div(advertisements) aren't on the list? I've found this cleanly blocks all ads as well as related text and headers on several sites.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

You mean like these?

Code: Select all

#*(class*=advertisement)
#*(id*=advertisement)
They pretty much cover anything with "advertisement" in the name.

A general hiding with just "ads" has some adverse side effects .... especially with stores. YOU can write them as you wish, but, alas, I cannot. I have to deal with a million subscriber's false-positives. The few that I've found are targeted to their sites. Do you know of one or two that I have missed on a major site?
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
pdxuser

Post by pdxuser »

Ah, ok. I should have said #div(advertising), as that one helps for local news site wweek.com. #div(ads) works on political blog dailykos.com.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I've actually added these both after checking the "ads" one against some major store chains. It seems to be ok so far. The writting of the filters are slightly different than yours, but will have the same results.

I have some specific sites that use "ads" .... if this works without a problem, I will remove the 'duplicates'.

Thanx
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"