torrentspy.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
pupil
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

torrentspy.com

Post by pupil »

http://www.torrentspy.com

easylist cleans this site up really well, but easyelement needs to remove the top space otherwise (as you can see) all the icons get shunted up a bit and it screws the top of the page up. I've got greasemonkey script which sorts this, but it would be much better to have it in easyelement :) sorry I'm not sure which div it is that needs to be removed.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Actually it is the other way around. Removing the element there is what caused only the top layer of the page to jump upward. The 'space' is in a locked position behind it and I can't see an easy way to collapse it yet.

So I re-aligned the front layer with the back again (space on top still there) .... and did a little extra cleanup there too :wink:

Update both filters and let me know how it works.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Stupid Head
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Stupid Head »

If it's really bothering you, install Stylish and this style.
What, me worry?
pupil
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by pupil »

fantastic work Rick. On the search page, without adblock it takes about 10 times longer for the page to load than with adblock running! thats incredible how much junk is loaded without adblock. Page looks so much better now, good work getting rid of all that pointless white space at the bottom of the page. That works fine with the header now, if you can be bothered figuring it out, would be great if you can find a way to shrink that blue space, but don't worry if you dont as the page looks great either way now :)

thanks again!
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

pupil wrote: would be great if you can find a way to shrink that blue space, but don't worry if you dont as the page looks great either way now :)

thanks again!
Maybe arteekay can give me a swift kick on what it is that I'm missing there. Arteekay is the author of the Stylish script that Stu posted the link to above. He is also a member of this forum.

It is also a possibility that fixing the top space there is beyond the capacity of Adblock Plus (I've never had that particular problem trying to locate an element like that before). Seems like most of the layout is nothing more than a large background image.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Seems like most of the layout is nothing more than a large background image.
Seems like if you talk out loud to yourself like I just did, you'll find your own answer.

I see what arteekay did. He adjusted the background image to start -95 pixels north of the top border of the window. Basically, it is adjusted so that the entire background image is actually 'moved upward' 95 pixels above the visible window. In that way he compensates for the removal of the ad element which causes everything in FRONT of the background to shift upwards 95 pixels. Hence they meet again and the extra top 95 pixels is off the screen. I wasn't able to adjust the background image at all.

Nice work arteekay! 8)

This IS beyond the capacity of ABP because it doesn't allow me to change an image's position.
pupil
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by pupil »

thats fair enough, I suppose removing the whole background image completely would just mess things up, right? Like I said, since the page is loading about 10 times faster now with your adblocked improvements, its fantastic as it is even if you can't improve the page anymore :)

many thanks