facebook.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
Tomtech

facebook.com

Post by Tomtech »

This may not be the best place to post this and if you know a better place please reply in comments.

Meet Chris https://www.facebook.com/chris.brinson.73

Chris loves Facebook, Youtube, and RAngers Baseball but he cannot read. He also loves to push buttons and that is where the problem comes in. He presses the wrong like icon, blocks or reports posts, and shares posts which the author prefers are not shared.

I need to block the comments sections and like buttons as a set and also the "hideToggler" button and image. his computer uses Mozilla Firefox for Facebook. (He only is allowed to go only to Facebook with Firefox, MLB.TV with chrome, and Youtube with Microsoft Edge and we use a whitelist to prevent him from going to other sites or clicking ads which may get past the adblocker. It is best to use separate browsers for each page because the program he uses to go to the web pages cannot handle multiple tabs.

Ublock is the preferred adblocker but we previously used Adblock Plus with no problems other than the Facebook issues I need help with.

I have had limited success blocking the Facebook items but Facebook is not consistent with their div id's.

Here is the filter set which blocks some of the items but not all. Even though the image for the "hideToggle" is blocked the button still exists and i would prefer to block the button's creation.

Code: Select all

www.facebook.com##._54nf
www.facebook.com###u_f_0 > ._54ng > ._54nf
||www.facebook.com/rsrc.php/v3/y2/r/fF9eQo2Ts1S.png$image
www.facebook.com###fbPhotoSnowliftDetails
www.facebook.com###u_0_1f > li:nth-of-type(1)
www.facebook.com###u_0_28
www.facebook.com###u_jsonp_2_m
www.facebook.com###u_1b_7 > ._192z._5vsi._gsd._sa_ > ._37uu > div
www.facebook.com###37uu > div
www.facebook.com###u_ps_jsonp_6_5_i > ._5pcr.fbUserContent > div:nth-of-type(2)
www.facebook.com###* > ._5pcr.fbUserContent > div:nth-of-type(2)
www.facebook.com###u_0_1a > ._5pcr.fbUserContent > div:nth-of-type(2)
www.facebook.com###u_0_1q > ._5pcr.fbUserContent > div:nth-of-type(2)
www.facebook.com###u_jsonp_2_2 > ._5pcr.fbUserContent > div:nth-of-type(2)
My challenge for the group is to come up with a simple set of filters which will block the fbUserContent section from the like button down and remove the "hideToggle" button.

Thank you for your help.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

try

facebook.com##[rel="toggle"][role="button"]
facebook.com##.commentable_item
Tomtech

Post by Tomtech »

intense wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:13 pm try

facebook.com##[rel="toggle"][role="button"]
facebook.com##.commentable_item
That looks good.
Thank you
Moved from Off Topic to Report unblocked content on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:03 pm by LanikSJ