sj-r.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
adhater2

sj-r.com

Post by adhater2 »

Code: Select all

www.sj-r.com
www.sj-r.com/news
Ads down the page or on the right side that I can't block by hand ("ABP Block Image" does not appear if I right click)

I also use NoScript and I have to allow sj-r.com, gatehousemedia.com, and cloudfare.com or the headlines/text/legit pictures will never appear, but until recently, that was enough. Now, with only those three allowed on NoScript, the screen disappears after a few seconds and I get a message that says
Something interfered with this website loading
This could be a temporary problem with your network, or due to your adblocker

Try:
Check your internet connection and reload the page
If you are using an adblocker disable it by clicking on the adblock icon in your browser toolbar
If the problem persists, consider leaving a message on the adblock user forums
I discovered through trial and error that if I also allow gff6166tdt2i4fc155zi11.info (????) on NoScript, the error message disappears but I get the ads. If I add that domain to ABP, I get the "Something interfered..." message again, even though I didn't block it with NoScript.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

try

@@||sj-r.com^$generichide
@@||adserver.xpanama.net^$xmlhttprequest,domain=sj-r.com
sj-r.com##.adonis-placeholder
adhater2

Post by adhater2 »

Hmm, didn't work

I still have the ads, and the one in the lower left is new.

http://i.imgur.com/t8fayTm.gif
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Did you try using only ABP (disabling all other blocking addons) ?
adhater2

Post by adhater2 »

The only other blocking add-on I have is NoScript. I tried disabling it, but it didn't help, the ads were still there.
Here's the lines I added to the filter list. Did I do it right? Note they still show zero hits.
http://i.imgur.com/IvWGrQs.gif
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

If you have the last 2.9.1 version, the hits were turned OFF (you have to go into options and enable them again but this means sometimes you'll note big delay ... due to some firefox API still with bugs)
adhater2

Post by adhater2 »

Oh, I hadn't noticed that! I enabled the hit count and reloaded the page, this time I got 8, 2, and 1 hits respectively on those three filters, but the ads in the first picture I posted are still on the page. (different ads this time, but same size/location)
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

What if you add also

@@/ads.js$domain=sj-r.com
adhater2

Post by adhater2 »

I got 2 hits but it didn't get rid of any of the ads.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

I cannot reproduce the ads ..

try adding also

||cdn.gatehousemedia.com/assets/1.5.502/smartbanner.min.js
adhater2

Post by adhater2 »

You don't have any of the ads on screen? Hmmm..... (scratches head)
I added that line and it still didn't work. But then the weirdest thing happened. When it reloaded, it behaved as if I had disabled everything (flashing gray instead of pictures, no headlines or text), and that persisted even after I disabled that last filter. Either I messed something up or it can detect the experimentation somehow.
Just to see what it would do, I opened the site in Internet Explorer, where I have ABP for IE installed. This time, no ads - and without adding any new filters. A black box appeared momentarily in the upper right where that first ad was, and then disappeared. I navigated through several pages and didn't get any ads.
It's really odd that I got the ads and you didn't. Do you think it might be a good idea to reinstall NoScript and ABP from scratch?
I'll have to mess with it some more tomorrow after work, got to get to sleep. Thanks for your help.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

You could use firefox portable + (only) ABP to test in a clean profile.
adhater2

Post by adhater2 »

Sorry for the long delay of replying. I couldn't make that work, and I got the ads on another computer, but I was able to get rid of them by installing a second ad blocker and then manually blocking them one by one until they were all gone.