hotels.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
frustrated_fan

hotels.com

Post by frustrated_fan »

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and if this is the wrong forum, please let me know where it should go with this question.

Recently I've become extremely annoyed with the animated ads on hotels.com saying things like
"8 people have booked this hotel in the past 24 hours".
My concern is not the ads but the distraction that the animation causes me. The annoyance is because of the steady stream of similar ads that appear over and over again. At first I clicked on the x to close the ad, then a new one would appear just as my concentration was regained. Then I ignored the ad but found that the windows disappearing cause even more of a distraction. I've noticed a growing trend in numerous other sites implementing this.

Are there power users out there that can help compose a solution to this? I am even willing to purchase software that could do it. There might even be revenue in it if one could negotiate a deal with those sites to stop those ads for a fee.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
 ! Message from: smed79
Fixed the subject newtopic
Moved from EasyList Subscriptions to Report unblocked content on Sun May 14, 2017 4:10 pm by smed79

smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Hello,
you can hide/block by adding this filter

Code: Select all

hotels.com###urgency
or

||hotels.com/search/live_visits_popup.json?
||hotels.com/landing/recently_booked_popup.html?
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
frustrated_fan

Post by frustrated_fan »

Thank you, this did the trick!
frustrated_fan

Post by frustrated_fan »

Hotels.com has implemented two new features that are distracting.
1. After a hotel was selected there is a window that rolls in on the lower right
2. After a booking has been made a huge pop-up add fills the screen with "go paperless".

Is there a way to get these to stop?
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

frustrated_fan wrote:1. After a hotel was selected there is a window that rolls in on the lower right
add

||hotels.com^*/urgency_
frustrated_fan wrote:2. After a booking has been made a huge pop-up add fills the screen with "go paperless".
Do i need an account?
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com