gorillavid.in / movpod.in / daclips.in

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.

Moderator: EasyList authors

gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Re: gorillavid.in / movpod.in / daclips.in

Post by gotitbro » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Yes, the above filters do work.

As I said in my post above (don't know why it was edited) the redirections are part of the RoughTed malvertising campaign especially directed towards adblock users and the uBO solution seems better as it will also block browser fingerprinting.

I am just trying to make users aware of this malware campaign, please do tell if I posted anything wrong.

logi007
Site Member
Site Member

Post by logi007 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:53 am

That clears it up. However, I was still on the video page. Only the URL changed and remained on the daclips.com domain.

The filters worked to fix THAT, however, the video still has an X over it.

With this underneath:

The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:00 am

I get no "X" over the video (using any set of filters)

logi007
Site Member
Site Member

Post by logi007 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:06 am

No idea what to tell you. All I know is I've been using the site through Vivaldi for over a year, never a problem until a few weeks ago. I dumped my entire filter set and imported the ones from Firefox. It works in Chrome, Comodo Dragon, Chrome Canary. Vivaldi just won't work. I even updated it earlier and I still don't get anything. This is all I get.

http://i.imgur.com/E8AWPfV.png

logi007
Site Member
Site Member

Post by logi007 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:09 am

Err never mind. JFC I'm a moron for not having noticed. Audio extension Audio EQ for Chromium based browsers somehow messes up video feeds. I recall this happening on Chrome stable two years ago until I removed it for the time being. I typically use it for Youtube videos that are way too quiet. Sorry.

But thank you for the forwarding filter!

intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:11 am

Oh, good to know.

gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm

I was still on the video page. Only the URL changed and remained on the daclips.com domain.
@logi007 As I mentioned in a post earlier (viewtopic.php?p=120875#p120875) the RoughTed domains redirect you to their own websites with an iframe of the URL you originally visited.

They probably do this to stop domain specific filters from working on such domains. The website owners (such as daclips.com) which have implemented such a dangerous and malware ridden technology on their domains do not care about the visitors, I would stay away from such websites unless really necessary.

Here is a list of some of the domains part of the RoughTed campaign.

If you want to read more about RoughTed, the original Malwarebytes report:
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrim ... lvertiser/