EEtimes Embedded.com [added]

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
Mudit

EEtimes Embedded.com [added]

Post by Mudit »

Sorry for the duplicate post

I have subscribed to the feed of eetimes and embedded.com and I must confess the side content is really annoying. I have used the following to remove all useless content.
I am not much of a computer geek and so I have manually tried to select everything using the element addon ........ but I would want you to add/modify a few things to this and include it to your list.

#IMG(src^=http://i.cmpnet.com/eetimes/)
#IMG(src^=http://i.cmpnet.com/embedded/)
eetimes.com#AREA
eetimes.com#AREA(href=http://www.magreprints.com/quickquote.asp)
eetimes.com#DIV
eetimes.com#DIV(id=container)
eetimes.com#DIV(id=tobBox)
eetimes.com#FONT(face=arial)
eetimes.com#FORM
eetimes.com#IMG(src^=http://i.cmpnet.com/portal)
eetimes.com#SPAN(class=scsubheader)
eetimes.com#STRONG
eetimes.com#TABLE(bordercolor=#a4a6b4)
eetimes.com#TD(background=http://i.cmpnet.com/eetimes/v3/newtop/topart_strip.gif)
eetimes.com#TD(bgcolor=#cc0000)
embedded.com##TD[background]
embedded.com#DIV(class=article_icons_main)
embedded.com#DIV(class=cc_top_box)
embedded.com#DIV(id=AWMEL0)
embedded.com#DIV(id=cc_container)
embedded.com#DIV(style=padding-top: 10px;)
embedded.com#FORM
embedded.com#HR
embedded.com#SPAN(class=teal_header)
embedded.com#STRONG
embedded.com#TD(class=footer_gray)
embedded.com#UL(class=purple)
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

This seems to be a very hard list . You are losing information in the article when using these rules.
I am a reader of the same and would love to see a clean interface.

I request the moderator to include both the sites.
Mudit

Post by Mudit »

Right and that is why I posted this :)

Please send me suggested changes on [email removed so you don't get spam harvest] if you have any that can stop content loss.

Also it seems that my browsing speed has decreased due to the rules (probably because of a lot of hits)
Please let me know if it is possible
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

@Mudit:
I have added a couple of more rules (mostly in the EasyElement] to clean those up as much as I want to do. If you want to add any more, you can add those yourself. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
I think these sites look fine there now. If you that list of yours is ONLY for two sites, that could be a reason for your slowdown if you are doing the same thing with many sites. :shock:
Also this is a forum. I don't do personal emails for answers. Others may want to add or learn from the info posted here. Besides, you should NEVER post an email address on a public forum.... because email spammers will harvest it.

To answer your second question about ABP's speed (my personal opinion but not facts far as I know):
If you have a fairly good computer, ABP processes most pages at least as fast as they did before you installed it PROVIDED you haven't added a lot of different subscriptions that are redundant with each other or are using a subscription that is deemed "not optimized for ABP" ... mine are 'optimized'. The size of the list(s) has very little to do with slowing down ABP. ABP has been engineered to process very large lists quickly with VERY little difference in processing speed. But like I said, the list(s) need to be optimized for ABP use and not have similar filter strings for the same items. That is why it is recommended to pick your combination of subscriptions wisely ... you don't want to use the same type of subscription more than once. My 3 do different things so they are not redundant.

What I do find at times that in SOME sites there CAN be a very slight slowdown in the initial first-page loading that seems to go away after the first page load there ... but then the other pages on the same site will actually load much faster than normal while still blocking stuff. I also feel that when AP or a new subscription is loaded the first time, sites that you normally visit may actually load slower for the first page or two because of 'cache confusion'. Your cache will have a copy of the old page but then has an initial problem trying to deal with the information change at first .... it should re-stabilize that site quickly though. Just give the problem and filtering a chance to reset your cached pages with its 'new' site config. I'm sure once you have visited a few pages on a site, that it will become much faster after that. :wink:
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Mudit

Post by Mudit »

Thanks ... that really helped :D
Erunno
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Erunno »

Zombie Contributor
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author