If you've been sent to this forum because one of the sites you're browsing has no images please see this.
If you're not sure if the site you're browsing is affected by this please check the link above.

Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 has been released

Discussion of Mozilla products and their add-ons.

Moderator: EasyList authors

The Masked Marauder
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 has been released

Post by The Masked Marauder » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:32 pm

Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 is now available. The web URL for downloading this release isn't working yet (as of Thursday, June 14th at 9:30 AM), so you'll have to get it from the ftp site:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/t ... s/2.0.0.4/

Once you get into the directory, pick your operating system and then your language to get to the appropriate installer. Here is the link for the release notes:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbir ... easenotes/
"A doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines."
- Frank Lloyd Wright

IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:54 pm

I'm wondering, why does the main page still say 2.0.0.0 and I have this version and when I do a check for updates it claims non available? Now, I'm not saying I don't believe I went to the link, and it's indeed 2.0.0.4. I'm just wondering why the main site is 4 versions behind. Or so it seems. Visit here and you'll see what I mean. And 2.0.0.0 version of Thunderbird doesn't see any updates. WTH is up with that? LOL

The Masked Marauder
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by The Masked Marauder » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:15 pm

I'm wondering, why does the main page still say 2.0.0.0 and I have this version and when I do a check for updates it claims non available?
It takes Mozilla at least half a day to fully update their systems for a new release. I spotted Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 on File Hippo this morning. Then I went to Mozilla's ftp site to verify that it wasn't a beta release.
Now, I'm not saying I don't believe I went to the link, and it's indeed 2.0.0.4. I'm just wondering why the main site is 4 versions behind.
Thunderbird went from 2.0.0.0 to 2.0.0.4; there were no intermediate releases. Give it a day or two, and "Check for updates" should see the new version.

IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:33 am

The Masked Marauder wrote:Thunderbird went from 2.0.0.0 to 2.0.0.4; there were no intermediate releases.
ok, that explains everything. Thanks so much. I was totally confused. I have to admit I don't keep up with Thunderbird as much as I do Firefox.

rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:57 am

They play catchup with version numbers from time to time. This will be the third time they have adjusted Thunderbird to catch up with Firefox if I remember correctly.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"