Cookie Monster vs CookieSafe

Discussion of Firefox browser and its add-ons.
bee
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

Cookie Monster vs CookieSafe

Post by bee »

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Which one is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? :?: :idea: :idea: :D
Cookie Monster :arrow: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4703/ :surprised:
CookieSafe :arrow: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2497/ :biggrin: :-?

I'm using CookieSafe with Firefox, so far so good, but i've heard of Cookie Monster, so i'm going to ask you :arrow: is it any better?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?: :D :D

I'm currently using CookieSafe in this way: cookies are disabled globally :idea: ; but i added exceptions for the websites i want to store cookies, for the current session only, and for longer time :biggrin: :D (writing cookies on the disk to keep me logged when i restart firefox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea: :D :D ). Can Cookie Monster do it better?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?: :?: :surprised: :idea:

A cookie shield is very useful for privacy purposes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
The bee is more honored than others, not because the bee labors, but because the bee labors for others.
bee
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

Post by bee »

Haa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :idea: Yeah, in the end i had the will to test it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :idea:
Cookie Monster is very easy!!!!!!!!!!! :idea: :idea: :D and it seems to work even better than CookieSafer!!! :surprised: :biggrin:

bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
The bee is more honored than others, not because the bee labors, but because the bee labors for others.
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I've never found it necessary to use an add-on for cookie management, simply because there doesn't appear to be a meaningful difference between Firefox preferences and the functionality listed.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

I do somewhat agree with Michael about this because of adding so much extra memory and code usage to Firefox because of laziness (more or less, because you could do this without the extensions (add-ons) but they do make it somewhat faster or easier) but Permit cookies add-on is only 13k and does this more basically. It's had less work done on it in a long while, but because of the little code it uses it's not needed to be fixed in a long time either. All it does is "cookies are disabled globally added exceptions for the websites i want to store cookies" it does nothing else. The others try to make it a little to fancy and maybe for some it's necessary but not for us (the ones that have posted here so far anyway).
bee
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

Post by bee »

Michael wrote:I've never found it necessary to use an add-on for cookie management, simply because there doesn't appear to be a meaningful difference between Firefox preferences and the functionality listed.
Cookie Monster is 50KB :D :D :idea:
It's very useful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea: :idea: If you test it for a week, you'll like it!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :idea:
There is one preferences window, you've to open it from TOOLS -> ADD-ONS -> COOKIE MONSTER -> PREFERENCES and uncheck all check-boxes except the first one!!!!!!! :D Then restart firefox, just to ensure everything's ok :-? :-? :roll:
There is an icon on the status-bar, you can click on it with the left-click to add the exceptions for the websites you want able to store cookies!!!!!!!! :D :D It's very easy, you need only to click on "Allow" for the websites you like, and nothing else is required!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :idea:
The "Allow Session" option, allows a website to store cookies, but they'll deleted everytime when you restart firefox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :idea:
One very useful feature of Cookie Monster which Permit cookies seems to lack of, is the "Temporary Allow" option!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :surprised: :surprised: :idea: If you temporary allow a website, it'll be able to store cookies, but when you'll revoke the temporary permission or when you'll restart firefox, the "Allow" filter will be deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :idea: It's a very useful option to use when you've found a website you want to give it a try, but you aren't sure if you will ever go there once again!!!!!!!!!! :idea: :D :D You may want to use this option also for websites that you want unable to store cookies, except for when it's really needed!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

bye!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D