ebay.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
HOW

ebay.com

Post by HOW »

There is a buggy/tracking js on certain eBay pages. A similar problem was reported a few months ago in the eBay user forums by several irate users. and a simple solution was found, but it no longer works.

when on the My eBay: Purchase history page, it is slow to load then Firefox sends this popup warning.
a script is busy, stoped responding...
https://secureir.ebaystatic.com/rs/c/templates-js-123456.js:7
I was able to > Edit Preferences...
Add filter , to simply fix the problem:
templates-js-123456.js

that worked for several months, but a few days ago that particular filter mysteriously was removed from my ABP Filter Preferences. I did not remove it!

I added it again to my preferences, but it is no longer able to block the errant JS.
I tried to add the entire url and this

Code: Select all

||ir.ebaystatic.com/rs/c/templates-js-123456.js:7
neither seems to work.

I was hoping that someone here would be able to help me figure this out.

1. is there a Filter rule to block this script that I can add to my Filter Preferences? I am pretty sure that there are useful items in the "ir.ebaystatic.com/rs/c/" I would not want to block, just this one js, as I was able to do before.

2. I don't understand programing, but is it possible that there is a js on the page that is generating this particular url, and I would need to block that js? if so, how would I locate it?

I am desperate here. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. If this isn't the proper forum or venue, perhaps someone could direct me to a forum or programmer who can help me.

Many thanks in advance.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Where did you see that script ? post an example page.
HOW

Post by HOW »

intense, I thank you for taking an interest in my plight.

The script is run on a private page offered to individual buyers. After I sign into eBay I can navigate to the "My eBay: Purchase history" page, which shows all of my recent transactions as well as other personal data, so I prefer not to publish that.

I am sorry if I confused you in my post, I will send you a PM.

I am a little paranoid about this right now.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

try

||secureir.ebaystatic.com/rs/c/templates-css*
or

||secureir.ebaystatic.com/rs/c/templates-js*
james_enigma

Post by james_enigma »

I see that pulsar.ebay.com is blocked. This is a valid url and owned by ebay.com. It is used to redirect ebay internal usrls.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

james_enigma wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:16 am I see that pulsar.ebay.com is blocked. This is a valid url and owned by ebay.com. It is used to redirect ebay internal usrls.
more info ? how can be seen - just to provide to the easylist authors the steps to reproduce / examine it
james_enigma

Post by james_enigma »

• Go to any ebay.com item page. For example https://www.ebay.com/itm/162681088781
  • Go all the way down and let similar products loaded. Click on any one of them.
Since both page and product both are from ebay.com, I would imagine that we are breaking the experience.
If pulsar.ebay.com appears on other domain, than I would block it but not on ebay.com itself.

Moreover, dosn't look like privacy concern to me (not for EasyListPrivacy filter which it is right now).
 ! Message from: smed79
Removed your link links
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

An easylist author has been notified.

(it was fixed for uBo)
Moved from Firefox Browser to Report incorrectly removed content on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:52 pm by intense

intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

It seems the issue is only on uBo (due to strict blocking feature), now fixed. In ABP seems to be working fine.
james_enigma

Post by james_enigma »

intense wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:42 pm It seems the issue is only on uBo (due to strict blocking feature), now fixed. In ABP seems to be working fine.
Thanks !!