Should Easylist show in Extensions?

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
pander1203

Should Easylist show in Extensions?

Post by pander1203 »

I?ve tried to subscribe to Easylist, but it doesn?t show up in my extensions like filterset.G did. Should it? I did see EasyList when I went to Tools/Adblock Plus Preferences in Firefox. Thanks.

pander
hello5959us

Post by hello5959us »

No, it shouldn't. Filterset.G did because it required a separate extension to update.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Hi pander ... welcome.

You can easily subscribe to the Easylist and/ or EasyElement filters here (2 simple clicks each):

http://easylist.adblockplus.org
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
GenKreton

Post by GenKreton »

Can you give us another way to subscribe since that site has been down for a while now?
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

It's working now. I think it just got slashdotted because of this story.
Sheepy
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Sheepy »

I read the story too, and I wonder whether this will drive Adblock back to Top 5, as well as why not much people mentioned ABP, much less EasyList or any other non-G lists.
chewey
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by chewey »

Sheepy wrote:I read the story too, and I wonder whether this will drive Adblock back to Top 5
You overestimate the power of slashdot (or underestimate the number of people already using AB(P):
The download graph did hardly react at all.
as well as why not much people mentioned ABP, much less EasyList or any other non-G lists.
I think a lot of people (even at slashdot) are simply not aware of the fact that there are different
adblocks - and just use the one showing up first on a.m.o.
Wladimir Palant
Adblock Plus Author
Adblock Plus Author

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Yahoo doesn't really have a "script that checks if the ad is displayed and displays another one, if it hasn't", right? Only the usual banner rotator - or have there been any radical changes on Yahoo lately?
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

[confused]
I am not having ANY problems or slowdowns with Yahoo Mail at all with ABP on.
I've read through the link and I guess I'm not sure what the Slashdot thing is all about ... no problems at all here. Yahoo Mail works great!
Wladimir Palant
Adblock Plus Author
Adblock Plus Author

I already thought so. So Yahoo isn't doing anything unusual there (this time), we only have a confused user who expects that banners will always be the same. Btw, did you read http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2007/01 ... ssion.html - I guess I will tell everybody I know to stay as far away from Yahoo as possible. Not that I didn't know that they don't care about their users but this is a new low.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

WOW!

Yahoo is starting to really drop to 'slimeball' status, aren't they?

I know that they already hate Firefox/ABP. So is it a big surprise that they are pushing IE down people's throats? No.

Sounds like the sneaky old WMP/REAL/QT battle for your audio and video default settings :roll:
Wladimir Palant
Adblock Plus Author
Adblock Plus Author

I guess they simply realized that they cannot produce good software so they need dirty tricks to beat Google. I hated their new web interfaces for mail and photos after five minutes of using, it is hard to believe that there are people who know the Google counterparts and are still using these bad copies (probably paranoiacs like that one).
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

I have only ever liked one thing that was connected to Yahoo and that was their early commercials (ironically). They had some catchy tune there that I couldn't get out of my dang head for years.

I've tried several of their services (Fantasy Football, mail, others) and never really liked any of them. I use to use flickr before they bought it. I'm sure it's still an ok service but you can bet they are using it for some kind of crap. So, may account is rotting now.

I'm not 100% comfortable with Google either at this point (they know to much about me). But I don't use them for everything important and as far as email goes if anyone trust any email service (even ISP's) they are taking a big risk. IMHO

Signed: Mr Paranoid :P