Things I love to read about us

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Things I love to read about us

Post by rick752 »

These are the kind of posts that make you just feel good about the work we are doing here. I read a lot of good stuff, but this one was pretty cool. I wish there was guest posting allowed there so I could compliment the person who wrote it.

This comes from a post at a fairly large Forestry forum. I think the topic had to do with something about popups. The exact page of the post is:
http://www.forestryforum.com/board/inde ... =showPosts

This is what it said:
Firefox $0
adblock plus $0
two subscription list's from http://easylist.adblockplus.org/ $0

no popups and not paying for norton
PRICELESS
ps: I made a nice gesture for the poster by 'element-hiding' all of the local ads down the left column there (obviously the person uses the element filter, too). Now the forum columns are 'window wide'.

Think he/she will notice it on their next update? :)
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Nice Rick! I tested it and it works great for me too.
The Masked Marauder
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by The Masked Marauder »

When I show people the before and after views of web sites using Adblock Plus and the EasyList/EasyElement filters, they are amazed at the difference. The "noise", clutter, and distractions are gone, and the sites are much more usable. I shudder to think of surfing the web without these tools.
"A doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Arteekay
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Arteekay »

The Masked Marauder wrote:When I show people the before and after views of web sites using Adblock Plus and the EasyList/EasyElement filters, they are amazed at the difference. The "noise", clutter, and distractions are gone, and the sites are much more usable. I shudder to think of surfing the web without these tools.
Well I'm forced to use IE somewhere, I'm shocked to see how cluttered up my favorite pages are. "Why is this so ugly! Oh yeah, I'm on IE".