Lost filter subscriptions

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
Dirk
Site Member
Site Member

Lost filter subscriptions

Post by Dirk »

I am having a recurring issue with my Easylist subscriptions "disappearing" from Adblock. I will update Adblock to use the Easylist filters and some days later the subscriptions will be gone. I will open preferences on Adblock and have no filters at all. I thought this might be related to Firefox updates so I installed a fresh version and turned off all updating. I have lost the filters again and the history shows no updates.

I am running Firefox version 3.0.11, Adblock Plus 1.0.2 on a Laptop running Vista. I am running Cybersitter but have the Easylist subscription whitelisted. I have used Adblock and Easylist for several years and am having no issues on my other four machines.

Has anyone experienced this issue or have a clue how to find out what's causing it? It is very annoying to have to reset the filters every few days.
Hubird
Adversity Author
Adversity Author

Post by Hubird »

I suggest you re-post your issue on http://adblockplus.org/forum/ you are more likely to get help for ABP issues there.
Dirk
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Dirk »

Hubird wrote:I suggest you re-post your issue on http://adblockplus.org/forum/ you are more likely to get help for ABP issues there.

I saw some threads there on this topic with no solution. I was wondering if this was unique to these filters or for any ABP filter?
Oxwil

Post by Oxwil »

I am not really into the technical side of the programs I use, but it could be some problem with your Fx profile. So anyone with the technical knowledge of Fx can help. :arrow:
Everything is Possible
Dirk
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Dirk »

Still happening - but its my wife's laptop so it's all good :-)
Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Ares2 »

Dirk wrote:I am running Firefox version 3.0.11, Adblock Plus 1.0.2 on a Laptop running Vista.
Any reason for not using Fx 3.5.1 and ABP 1.1?

Dirk wrote:I am running Cybersitter but have the Easylist subscription whitelisted.
I have never used Cybersitter, how do you do that? Enter the list's address somewhere?
Oxwil

Post by Oxwil »

And why is Cybersitter on your wife's laptop?
Everything is Possible