Question about lists, merged lists

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
VLM

Question about lists, merged lists

Post by VLM »

Greetings! This is my first post here. In https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/easylist-merges-with-fanboys-list.347225/, I read:

"he Easy team is very happy to announce today that both major ad blocking lists, EasyList and Fanboy's List, become one list! Also, EasyPrivacy and Fanboy's Tracking List were merged.

With this change all users will have a consistent Internet browsing experience and will no longer have to bother whether they have to choose EasyList or Fanboy's List or which one of them is better."

Seems perfectly clear. However, I just installed uBlock Origin (in Pale Moon), and in the Dashboard > 3rd-party filters, I see an entry called 'Fanboy+Easylist-Merged Ultimate List​​​​​​​​​' and another called 'Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List​​​​​​​​​'. jAlso appearing are Fanboy's Annoyance and Social Blocking lists; I seem to recall reading somewhere that these were combined or merged into another list.

Naturally, I would like to obtain good coverage while avoiding redundancy. I would appreciate someone clarifying which lists are really beneficial, and which are full or partial duplicates of another.

Thank you.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

There are seperate lists I maintain not included in Easylist. If you're trying minimise duplicates then the Ultimate list by itself would be enough.
VLM

Post by VLM »

Thanks Fanboy, I really appreciate your making time to respond. Minimizing duplicates/redundancy is only one goal of course, good coverage is the other. I just don't know what is or is not incorporated into the Merge Ultimate List. For example, does it incorporate annoyances and social blocking?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Fanboy Ultimate List (This includes Easylist, Easyprivacy, Enhanced Trackers List and Annoyances List)

Blocks Adverts, Trackers and the Annoyances list, it may cause some false positives. If you have any problems report any issues to our Forums.
see
https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/filters.html
VLM

Post by VLM »

Thank you once again. The social blocking list is separate then?
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Fanboy's Annoyances List

Specialization: removes online annoyances (includes Fanboy's Social Blocking List)
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
VLM

Post by VLM »

Sorry, missed that. Thank you!