local sites on main easylist

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
mele
Site Member
Site Member

local sites on main easylist

Post by mele »

Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken your policy is to separate the filter rules of local sites to matched language lists.
The lists set by ABP according to the browser language preference and due that fact 50% of my region suffering from unblocked ads.

i.e. mako.co.il, ynet.co.il, jpost.com and others, using some anti-adblock scripts which are filtered only in easylistHebrew. About 40% of the state using their browser in English suffering from those ads.

Any chance you can merge some of the filters of the easylistHebrew to the general easylist since those sites have a decent percentage of users from US, CA, FR and their overall traffic rank is high.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Any chance you can merge some of the filters of the easylistHebrew
I think no (EL Coverage), this issue is not specific only to your region. what about Chinese, German, French, Dutch, Arabic or Indonesian users ...

If you see that the good filter subscription will be good/better based on the users region not the language of the browser. Post and discuss your suggestion on the right forum https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5665
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Jpost.com is mainly an English site, which is why it was added to the main list.
mele
Site Member
Site Member

Post by mele »

smed79 wrote:
Any chance you can merge some of the filters of the easylistHebrew
I think no (EL Coverage), this issue is not specific only to your region. what about Chinese, German, French, Dutch, Arabic or Indonesian users ...

If you see that the good filter subscription will be good/better based on the users region not the language of the browser. Post and discuss your suggestion on the right forum https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5665
Thanks, I will post my opinion there.

fanboy wrote:Jpost.com is mainly an English site, which is why it was added to the main list.
Can we add mako.co.il & ynet.co.il to the main easylist for now? both using the same anti-adblock, the overall traffic rank is high and decent percentage of the user using English based browsers and not Hebrew - there for they are not getting the Hebrewlist by default.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

If they're using the same Anti-adblock, then Hebrewlist should add similar filters to jpost. mako.co.il & ynet.co.il arent english sites.