Do I need to enable both Fanboy's enhanced tracking list & Fanboy's annoyance list

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
ripu
Site Member
Site Member

Do I need to enable both Fanboy's enhanced tracking list & Fanboy's annoyance list

Post by ripu »

What is the difference between Fanboy's enhanced tracking list & Fanboy's annoyance list?

I also have Easyprivacy enabled. So, do I need all these three?

I know this may be a silly question and you might have heard it many times. I searched on google, but did not get correct answer. I use ublock Origin and Firefox btw.
papadoc

Post by papadoc »

You only need lists you find useful. Fanboy has been nice enough to bundle lists together, though: https://www.fanboy.co.nz/filters.html
All the lists you have are packed together in the "ultimate list".
ripu
Site Member
Site Member

Post by ripu »

To know which one are useful, I need to know the difference between them which I can't find anywhere.
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

Enhanced Tracking blocks trackers which can be problematic to block (and it can sometimes has some "experimental" filters in it) while Annoyances blocks things that are likely to annoy the user looking at website.

The two lists have totally different scopes, so you need to decide which of those types of items you want to get rid of (or both or neither).
ripu
Site Member
Site Member

Post by ripu »

Thanks. I experienced some websites broken by enhanced tracking list. So, I think I will not use it.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

ripu wrote:Thanks. I experienced some websites broken by enhanced tracking list. So, I think I will not use it.
Which sites?
ripu
Site Member
Site Member

Post by ripu »

One is makemytrip.com, which you said is working, I have to recheck now.
I remember one more site some time ago, can't remember which one now. I didn't have account here and did not report at that time.

And thanks a lot for for hard work Fanboy.